Total Pageviews

Friday 29 May 2015

Thursday costcutter Avalon fishery

This will be a fairly short blog, only cos I,m short on time , I can't understand why we can't get people to come here as it's a very fair venue , whether it's carp or silvers you are after, it's impossible to predict where the winners will be , it's not generally a big weight venue (200lb or above) and 100lb  will usually be there or there abouts to win on the day with fairly close back ups.
Into the bottomless draw tin and I waited till the end when there was only 2 left in the bag, the bailiff drew for me and handed me peg3, not one of my favourite pegs, and the last one in the bag was one which belonged to mike west today, the other side of me was today's travelling partner chris fox,
As I said it's going to be short and sweet, the pole didn't work for me apart from a couple of lost foulers and a couple of skimmers landed, the pellet wag was the best but today the fish didn't want to leave the sanctuary of the reeds today so to get a bite it was essential to land as close as possible to the green stalks, I had plenty of bites , mostly missed lol, but I did end up with 15 carp for 64lb and 8.7 of silvers for 72.7 which was third on the day. The day belonged to glen bailey on peg 16 with 108lb, he caught on the wag to begin with then when the fish settled on his pole line over his 8pints of pellets he switched to his favoured paste approach and caught steadily till the end.
Second went to mike west on peg 1 with 99.13 of paste fish,
3rd me
4th Paul lock with 67.2
5th Chris fox 64.15
Silverswords net to mike nicholls up on 23 with a nice net of mainly roach for 37.10 all on caster on his topkit
2nd Paul lock with 35.1 of skimmers
3rd mike jones with 34.4 of mainly whitebait

No comments:

Post a Comment