Total Pageviews

Thursday 7 May 2015

Viaduct costcutter Thursday open

43 booked in for this one, just going to show its obviously not all about the money !!!!!
Into the draw tin and out comes 116 on cambell, happy with that then.
Meat has been a good bait here lately so I was going to pin my faith on it today , fishing two lines n front , one at 5 mtrs and also out at 13, I set up a couple of pellet rigs , one for tight in down my right hand margin in about 15 inches of water and another for under the overhanging tree n 117, both set up to fish 8mm pellet ver loose fed 8,s.
At the start I fed the two pellet lines , the meat line at 5 mtrs , but began at 13 mtrs kindering a few pieces of meat in after ever bite , the first thirty mins went ok and I had 3 carp in the net , but I was falling behind kev dicks on 118 who had decided to fish the lead to begin with and was a few fish ahead of me. Also mike nicholls had started well on 114 on his favoured paste method, my first hour went ok with 6 fish in the net but it started to all go a bit wrong, and the peg got harder and harder with no proper bites, in hindsight I should have switched to pellet on the long line, and kept the meat for the short line, to cut a long story short the meat never got going and the inside line never started happening at all, I only had three carp off it and the margin never showed any signs of life till about 45 mins fro the end and then I couldn't get it in quick enough, I nearly caught kev up mainly due to my fish being a bigger stamp, but mike on 114 had clearly done enough on the day, ending up with 233.12 of paste fish, all mainly taken on his topkit.
2nd Alan oram on 97 with 178.9
3rd mark Hanham 173.15
4th kev dicks 158.2
5th andy Weston 152.10
6th tony rixon 151.3
Silvers
Steve long on 125 wth 58lb of skimmers on banded 6mm pellet
Gabriel skarba on 128 with 47.2




No comments:

Post a Comment