Total Pageviews

Friday 19 June 2015

Thursday cost cutter, viaduct fishery

Still popular today as 34 were booked in, I was treating it as a bit of a practice for the final round of the spring league which is on this Sunday, I may just stand an outside chance of framing as long as I win my section with 300lb and the 15 people above me all blank, hmmmm.
I travelled down with trigger so that was one good peg gone and with Chris fox not fishing there would be an extra crap peg to draw aswell.
Into the draw tin and peg 129 stuck to my mit, a nice peg next to the spit on cambell, for company I had Gordon canning on 130 and gabe skarba the other side of the spit on 128. I had intended to fish all out pellet today but last time on this peg I caught well on meat late in the match, so I procured a tin of meat from the shop and cut it with trigs 8mm cutter as he was just up from me on 126.
With the aerator on I decided against the wag as last time I fished this. With the water moving presentation went put of the window . So pole only, pellet rigs were for the end of the spit , a slapper/stalker , one for 14 mtrs on the deck and a small one for back in the small bay to my left, plumbing around the deepest part I could find was 30 inches at 14 mtrs so that was where began my attack, but it was all very torrid, the fish wanted feeding but wouldn't stay on the deck, so fouling was a real problem, not just for though , looking around at this end of the lake there seemed to be a lot of foulhooked fish being lost, even glen 5 pots bailey on 110 was getting the same on paste. You would fully expect to catch shallow in these conditions but they wouldn't have it at all, I did get two shallow and stalked a third by the end of the first hour, so I went back out with the deep rig and had a few more , ever time I fed the swim would fizz showing the fish were there but just getting liners , I tried the shallow rig several times at different depths but to no avail, the end of the spit swim which is normally the banker in the peg only produced two fish, with little or no activity there, going into the last hour I only had 12 carp in the net and a few tench, then all of a sudden he meat line started to bubble and the last hour was the best with two carp from my left hand margin and 7 off the 5 mtr meat line, ending up with 21 carp and a few accidental tench, it was never going to be any good as the other end of the lake had fished quite well with Gary o,Shea on 115 leading the charge, also Martyn woodington on 66 lodge had caught well. My fish went 130.12 for no good, I was top weight at my end of the lake but got battered by the other end with Gary o,Shea winning with 192.14
2nd was Martin woodington  on 66 with 176.2
3rd Dom Sullivan on 118 with 161lb
4th andy row bottom on 119 with 157.11
5th trig with 149.10
6th steve Walters on 59 with 132.14
Silvers
Dick bull on 127 with 30.10
Ian Dunlop on 111 with 27lb
Gary caught on a bit of everything from worm over groundbait to paste to pellet to meat, must have been solid lol, if he had tried a bit harder he may have had his first double ton today.
Next Thursday I am running another one at Avalon, so to book in txt or phone me on 07974807941 or give me ring in veals on 01179260790








No comments:

Post a Comment