Total Pageviews

Sunday 21 June 2015

Viaduct spring league

This was the final round in this popular series, 55 fishing normally but we had a few no shows for various reasons and one  toys out of the pram display, who went and played golf instead lol.
I was in the last 4 of the k/o against , andy Neale, bob gullick and goes cochrane, all. Had to do was avoid Cary as it has been through a tough time this week due to oxygen problems , but with steve getting the oxygen levels back up to normal it should soon be back to normal,
Into the draw tin first and out comes 87 on the top bank on Cary , andy was on 66 lodge possibly he best carp peg on there, bob gullick on 115 , cambell that's the third time on the peg in this series, and Giles cochrane on 124 , that was me buggered for a pickup then as they were only paying out the top 3 in the k/o .
I thought I may have a chance of a few as Fred Roberts had 160lb off 88 the day before fishing shallow on the pole, so I set a shallow rig and a deep pellet rig for 14 mtrs, which was far enough as there was a nasty right to left wind blowing, a meat rig for 5 mtrs and wag for fishing at depth, not really to much to say on the match really as I ended up with 9 carp for what I reckoned on going 90lb,
I had 5 on the wag , two on the pole on pellet on the deck, I did hook one shallow but it came adrift and two on the meat line , no skimmers today as they were the worst affected fish when the oxygen crashed, Gary oshea on 90 caught quite well fishing shallow and opposite him kev molten on 94 also had some on pellet at half depth, they were first and second on the lake with 145 and 125 respectively  my 9 fish actually went 95lb so they were good fish, needless to say I came last in the k/o with it think andy Neale winning it followed by bob gullick then Giles , first on the day went to Chris Davis with 245 lb , he would have had over 300lb but he had over 80lb in one net so lost the entire weight in that net, as for the league Craig Edmunds just won on worst section dropper over Giles cochrane so well done to those two, I don't have all the results as fabio and me did the big swinging door and left before the results.
Next match is Avalon on Thursday ,9.30 draw fish 11 to 5 , anyone interested ring me on 07974807941 to book in, or txt me






No comments:

Post a Comment