Total Pageviews

Friday 5 June 2015

Viaduct Thursday costcutter

I was intending to go to huntstrete with the coffin dodgers , but trig Edmunds came into veals on weds and convinced me it would be a good idea to go for a practice at viaduct as the spring league fourth round is on on Sunday, also I don't think he had any fuel in his car as I had to give him a lift. So he was round mine early and we went to lillypool cafe for the normal nice brekkie , and with the weather set to be fine a good day was hoped for, it must be a good forecast as tony (the daffodil) witcombe was fishing today, obviously he reckoned the paste was going to work then !!!!!.
31 in attendance today including the man on fire (we should be so lucky lol) Giles cochrane who has got this venue properly Sussed . Into the draw and 96 comes out , trig had it at the weekend and managed a few and it's normally a good peg so I was happy, trig drew 81 which is good l although it was in the shade all day so trig shorts and flip flops weren't ideal , especially as the cooling wind was blowing into it. For company I had dave romain on 94 and two pots bailey on 97.
With the wind blowing off this bank I fancied the wag for a few so that was put together, also a meat rig for 5 mtrs, but I am not going to mention that rig as although I tried it a few times I never had a touch on it, this method doesn't seem to be working here at the moment , especially on this lake.
Other rigs were a pellet depth rig and a slapping/stalker/shallow rig.
At the start I fed all lines and started at 14 mtrs on banded 11 mm pellet over loose fed 8,s and at the end of the first hour I had two carp and a couple of small bream, but it soon became obvious the fish didn't want to be on this side of the lake as trig was several fish ahead as was Martin Rogers on 85, next door glen was on 3 carp taken on the lead and dave the other side was on nothing , a look on the wag was just as hard although during the match I did get 4 carp on the wag and a couple more bream, with about 21/2 hours to go I got off my box and put a lighter rig together to catch some more skimmers as I was never going to catch up in the carp stakes as no one on our bank was going to threaten the leaders, so a switch to feeding 6,s and fishing a banded 8 bought me several more good skimmers/small bream up to 3lb, even the this was never going to be enough to win the silvers as John gray on 77 was netting lots ov bream and by the end he had three keepnets in naf that was just for silvers !!!, either side of me , glens normally productive paste approach had let him down and even his favoured lead chucking wasn't working, not even liners so I think the fish weren't in attendance on this side of the lake. Top on this normally productive bank was Ben hagg on 99 with 114.9, catching all but one of his carp on the tip, my 7 carp as I had one on the skimmer rig went 64.2 and with 41.6 of skimmers I totalled 105.8, my only chance of a pickup today would be a from the silver pool.
Overall it was a difficult day for most except for the two most consistent anglers on the venue at present with the irrepressible Giles cochrane on 110 winning again with 257.11, catching on the lead with 6 mm pellet, FairPlay to him as he doesn't just chuck the tip out and feed over the top , he really knows how to work his swim .
2nd Craig Edmunds on 81 caught on any method he decided to use and ended up with 213.5
3rd andy power on 119 with 201.3
4th dave white on 123 with 163.2
5th Martin Rogers on 85 with 146.9
6th g ? Can't read his writing with 138.6
Silvers
1st John gray with an incredible weight of  104.8 of skimmers on peg 77, all caught on 6mm hard pellet.
2nd was me with 41.6
As for two pots bailey , did I mention yet that I more than doubled his weight as he only managed 51.14, bugger, sorry glen I wasn't going to mention it .

















No comments:

Post a Comment