Total Pageviews

Sunday 26 March 2017

Landsend league final round

The forecast for today was for unbroken sunshine, and they weren't wrong , it was a warm day,as long as you could sit in the sun, hopefully the sun will stay out this week as I'm running a costcutter down here on Tuesday, so ring or txt me on 07974807941 to book in, or ring in veals tomorrow on 01179260790,
Back to today and with the later draw it was a nice easy day , shame we had to lose an hour's sleep though, Judith was with me again today so I spoilt her and paid for breakfast, well it is mother's day.
I was quite late into the draw but was more than happy to see 13 looking back at me again for the second time in this league, last time on here in won the lake and the day with 130lb, so hopefully I could emulate it today, company wise I had stu Barnett on 15 and opposite was Dave Westcott on 11 who was standing in for Nick duckett,
Last time I caught well on maggot off the deck at 14 mtrs to my right, then later on meat in the same place, so two rigs done for that, a pellet rig for up on the island shelf, a pellet rig for along the left hand end bank, a couple of rigs for meat, down by the Bush to my left and at 6 mtrs in the deep water.
To say it started.slowly would be an understatement, the maggot rig never worked apart Rom a lone roach, so 20 mins in and I put some meat in expecting a quick response especially as stu had a carp first put in then lost one soon after, but 30 mins on that and only a liner and I was beginning to think up some believable excuses for not catching on this flier, I never actually hooked a carp till about the 90 minute mark and that was against the island on pellet, with  the Sun out today I expected to see quite a few muggable fish cruising about , but they were very noticeable by there absence, I did get a couple more off the island but they soon disappeared never really returning, the water had a Brown tinge to it but not enough, and these canny fish are super spooky on some days, and today was looking like one of those.
A switch to the long pellet rig against the end bank gave me a few  , suddenly the day was getting better, the fish were on the small side really , just the resident fish that live in these end pegs all year long, I needed some bonuses as Gary o,Shea on 18 was beginning to catch well , and I new his fish would be bigger, I kept switching between my various short meat lines and the long pellet lines and kept putting odd fish in the net.
I did see an old friend in my peg in the shape of an orange koi common, so slapped the pellet on its nose and it took it, I've lost count of the number of times I've had this fish LOL.
I've caught steadily till the end but due to the size of the fish in felt owns always behind Gary on 18, stu on 15 had a few fish down his margin, but had really struggled , and left to watch the football just before the end, opposite on 11 Dave never had a carp, he ended up with just a few pounds of silver's, as I thought Gary's fish were of a better stamp than mine and he ran out a clear leader with 162.15 so well done to him.
I managed to come second with 119.2, I did lose 2lb as I went over in a net , luckily it didn't make any difference today.
3rd Russ peck on 29 with 79.15
4th was Lewis Jones on 27 with 71.15
5th Steve hutter on 34 with 65.2
6th Andy hembrow on 55 with 60.12
7th Shaun kitteridge on 51 with 53.8
Silver's went to Ken rayner on 31 with 15.4
Well done to trig Edmunds for winning the league ahead of Gary o,Shea then Andy hembrow and Steve hutter.
And Ken rayner won the league silver's title ahead of fishery owner Mike duckett.
Well done to Ken rayner for running the league in the face of lots of adversity LOL, and a big thanks to Andy seery for sponsoring the league with some of his very good go nuts and so simple  groundbait .
Any one looking for a match in two weeks time , I'm running another open here on that Sunday (9th)

No comments:

Post a Comment