Total Pageviews

Wednesday 22 March 2017

Tuesday costcutter acorn fishery

Bit late with this one as I couldn't do it last night as I was out for a meal with my family celebrating my daughters birthday, we went to aqua up on whiteladies road, very nice to , a definite 5 on the scale , good food , good service and exceptional company.
After breakfast at the bridge on yatton(4), it was off to the fishery, bit of a shock as there 20 fishing, must be spring bit you couldn't tell as it was freezing with a strong wind coming from the west, in the absence of Ray bazeley ed wynne had control of his ball bag of doom, I was nearly last into the bag and pulled out ball 1, its been average all winter , company wise my nearest was Glen Bailey on peg 3 , and across the gap by the bridge was Dave wride, I set up three rigs, a .4 as5 to fish maggot on the deck at 9 mtrs and to my right in the gap , and two rigs for over, one for maggot and one for banded pellet, I intended to use the maggot one for down the edge to the empty peg 2 pallet, at least I had the wind mainly from behind  not like the people opposite who had it in there faces, they looked really cold .
At the start I fed all lines and began with double maggot at 9mtrs, had a decent roach first put in (4oz) and the second and the third, and it continued, I had either a bite or a sensible roach for 2hours, amazing , nice fishing, towards the 2 1/2 hour mark things began to slow , and to be honest the silver's were well won by this stage, and looking round there didn't seem to be many carp being caught, so I began to think if I could get a few carp I may get into the frame aswell overall, but it never happened, I had two carp from across , one on maggot and one on maggot, I lost two foulers across and two down the edge, I kept trying the 9 mtr line, but apart from one or two more roach they seemed to have gone , or just stopped feeding, and towards the run in towards the end people started catching some carp with Dom Sullivan on peg 9 leading the way , but Mike Owens on 15 was doing ok. But Dom had the best finish and came out on top today with 69.12, catching on soft pellet against the far bank

2nd was Mike Owens on 15 with 54.4
3rd ed wynne on 7 with 51.14
4th Mike Wilson on 13 with 47.15
5th Glen Bailey on3 with 44.1
6th Mike Chapman on 21 with 40.14
Silver's went to me with 23.9 all roach net which was most unexpected, all on single maggot on an 18 guru f1 hook on .14 line , typical roach gear lol, it was solid mind.

Thinking of trying to run another costcutter at Landsend next Tuesday, so if anyone fancies it get in touch to book in, if not it will be back to acorn again .

No comments:

Post a Comment