Total Pageviews

Monday 9 October 2017

Bit late so it will be short

Saturday saw me heading for Landsend fishery again for the open, had di,s normal good breakfast then got into the draw, only 11 fishing so plenty of room, in the bucket and out comes 19, that's good then.
Well I've had a difficult day, loads of fish on the far side , but as it was only 8 inches deep they were very spooky and hard to catch, I did get three on the short pellet line and one down the edge, and I topped up with a few from the far side, ending the match an ounce short of 80lb, but with Steve seager sat on peg 11 , a peg he knows so well, there was only.going to be one winner, and he didn't let himself down with over 122lb

, second was Mike duckett on peg 9 with 88lb, making me third, weigh sheet below.
Onto Sunday now, and it was the third round of the Colmic backed pairs series at todber manor fishery, I was partnering Ken rayner again this year, and he did promise to try a bit harder this year, we had a decent breakfast in cannards well, so that was ok, at least the sausages were cooked through this week, LOL.
Ken decided to start his campaign on ash lake, so that left me on hillview, into the draw and out comes 60, I was told its a good method peg, but thats not for me, so I set up a wag to fish in the shallows by the island out in front , a short meat rig and a margin pellet rig was put together, and a pellet rig to fish on the deck at 13 mtrs, didn't need to drop Ken anywhere as he was pegged behind me on peg 68, back to my lake and I had Andy Lloyd to my.left on 58 , and the ever cheerful Nick chedzoy to my right on 61, not a lot to say about the day to be fair, except that I had a good day with plenty of bites on the 13 mtr line, feeding hard 6,s and fishing an 8mm on the hook, only small carp between 8oz and 2lb, the other lines didn't really do anything, nothing from the margin, only two on the wag , and one on the meat line, I ended with 112.10, which was good enough for third in my section, being beaten by gabe skarba on 53 with 177lb with fish to 14lb, also ash Tompkins on 55 had 116lb. But with Ken also coming third in his section came third with 90lb, the next round is in a fortnight, so maybe the weather will be a bit cooler by then, as today it must have been 70c, again weigh sheets below.




No comments:

Post a Comment