Total Pageviews

Sunday 22 October 2017

Todber manor pairs series rnd 2

Travelled with Judith and cosmic Ken rayner today, so we had a stop at cannards for breakfast, and I must say it was very nice (4.65). We got to the fishery in plenty of time for the 8.45 draw, it was my turn for A section which was on home ground lake , first time on this lake for me, Judith was going to draw for me, with peg 90 being the flyer, even fishery owner John candy managed to win the lake off this one last round, I can always rely on Judith, and she only goes and draws it for me, partner Ken was on 40 on hillview, for company I had gabe skarba to my left around the corner of the lake and Nick chedzoy to the right , also around the corner, peg 90 is on the end bank all on its own, so plenty of room. First job was to get the base camp sorted for Judith, but it was hard as the Gale force wind was coming straight at us, meaning she had a good view of the field behind us but nothing of the lake.
Done it as well as I could then set about sorting my peg out, due to the weather I decided to keep it really simple , only two rigs , a .2 for down each side in three feet if water, and a ..6g gram ng float which I had to adapt as the ones I bought from him were crap, I did try and message him three times to discuss it but he never had the decency to reply, so that will be the last time I buy anything from Mr Gilbert.
I was using the same rig to fish at 5 and 11 mtrs in front, there was only.a 4 inch difference between the two lines, I was going to feed 6,s and fish a banded 8 over it. At the start I fed both margins and long lines but started at 5 mtrs, it was slow and it took 10 minutes to get my first bite and fish, soon followed by another, but that was all I had from that line, apart from a short look down the margins , which was never going to happen as it was to rough and cold, the bulk of the tech was spent out at 11 mtrs, there were plenty of fish on that line , but with the Gale blowing straight in any presentation was none existent, foulers were a massive problem, as the fact it began raining hard at times meaning I couldn't see out of my glasses, coupled with the fact the float was constantly trying to hide under my pole tip, but I kept plugging away putting odd stockie carp in the net, by the end I had 45lb on my clicker and actually weighed in 46, so that was good for me, the lake and section was won by Neil Fitzpatrick 4 pegs round to my right with 50lb , on the cage feeder and pellet, so well done to him, the match was won by Craig Edmunds on peg 45 with just over 100lb, I don't have the weigh sheets at the mo but as soon as I do I will put them on here. So I was second on my lake and Ken managed 5th on his, so we are now joint top on points with the two marks, poppleton and wynne,




No comments:

Post a Comment