Total Pageviews

Sunday 1 October 2017

Saturday and Sunday, loving it !!

First of two matches was at Landsend fishery, got there in plenty of time for me and Jason Radford to partake in one of di,s delicious breakfasts, 4.75. Only a dozen fishing so plenty of room on the match lake,
First into the draw bucket and pulled out two tickets, I kept hold of the one I was holding and Ron hardiman took the other one, I had peg 1 and Ron ended up with 19 doh, should have put them back and started again, peg 1 is not a swim I would have picked for sure.
The only thing that was good was that I had Steve seager on 3 and Russ peck opposite on 24, so I had a quid with both of them as that was the only chance of picking up today. To say the lake fished hard was an understatement, I had one carp in the first hour, and it never really picked up to any extent, Steve seager was having a torrid one , with no bites and Russ opposite was doing just as bad, the only person seeming to catch was Ron on 19, the only place I could catch was along the end bank and in the shallow water on the end of the island, but it was a struggle. But I had some pretty fish.
At the end I had 12 carp, for about 51lb on the clicker and ended with 56.15, which was fourth on the day with Ron winning it on 19 with 80lb , weigh sheet below.
Now onto Sunday and the first round of the viaduct silver's league, with 48 fishing this and with the good standard of angler in attendance, it a hard one to win, a certain amount of good fortune in the draw tin is definitely required, I travelled down with Chris Fox and we stopped at cannards well for breakfast and in was a little disappointed , a 3.25, but it was better than hilltops as Clint wojtyla found out as it was shut, he had to make do with a maccy d cardboard breakfast roll liturgy.
Any way, into the tin and out comes 94 on Cary, a peg I really like whether its carp or silver's,

 with plenty of room as the next peg each side was occupied by Ricky mills over on 90, and on my.left on 96 was my good friend Tim Clark ,who hasn't been out much this year due to the petticoat government, so it was good to see him with a pass for this series.
We also had a cameo appearance by the legendary Thomas thick who was standing in today , but unfortunately had the last peg in the tin and it turned out to be 64 on the monk on lodge lake, he very nearly turned round and went straight home , especially as his peg was covered in carp when he got to it, but he kept smiling ,
Back to the fishing and I had a nice day, catching skimmers between a few ounces and 2lb, mainly on maggot over groundbait, I started at 5 mtrs, that didn't last long so I was soon out to 11 mtrs, where I caught for a while before I had to spend the majority of the match at 14 mtrs, fishing two lines, 11 and 1 o'clock angles, by the end I thought I had about 30lb but was pleasantly surprised to see the scales go round to 36.3, which was top weight on the lake , but more importantly I had the needed section win,
First on the day was Craig "trig" Edmunds on 123 with 39.12
2nd gary"the googan"Webber on 115 with 39.2
3rd ziggy slowinski on 126 with 37.6
4th me with 36.3
5th Sam Powell on 98 with 35.8
6th Chris Davis on 77 with 35.2
So all in all a really good close match, roll on to the next one, no Judith today , to many jobs at home to catch up on, but we are off on the Wye next Friday so she can try and catch a barbel, should be ok, then it's the start of the todber pairs on Sunday, not to sure what I will be up to on Saturday, I can see some serious creeping coming up LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment