Total Pageviews

Sunday 1 August 2021

2 matches

Firstly last monday and i was off down the a38 for the sedges silvers match, always well attended and today was no different with mid 20,s fishing today, good to see the cafe is well underway, hopefully wont be to long before its finished, denise and jamie did the draw and i found myself on the same peg as my float only league a couple of weeks ago, 28 on tile, if im honest I dont mind anywhere on this lake , for company I had steve jackson to my left and rob eagle to my right, i fed two lines again today with worm and caster in groundbait, 5 and 11 mtrs, and ive had a nice day again, catching on both lines with a decent piece of worm on the hook or triple maggot, ended up with 39lb, missing out to steve kedge on 32 with 42lb, off down there again tomorrow, thus time its on the canal, always a bit tough, but always interesting
today andwe were off to todber for rnd 5 of the float only league, hillview and homeground being used today for the 40 anglers, and after the festival fished on the lakes during the week when anglers would have broken the 600lb barrier if the net limits hadnt been broken. So today with this in mind i reduced the match length to 5 hours, had a breakfast at the fishery, very nice . got the draw started on time, i got ricky mills to draw for me, peg 41 today then, happy as its a peg with a bit of room,
company wise it was ryan Jordan on my right and john white to my left, i was also in the last 4 of the k/o with the top 3 winning money, myself, vince and ryan shipp and tom Mangnal would be fighting for that. Only three topsets today, a deck rig for just past my nets in three foot of water, a mugging rig just in case anything came.within range of my topkit, and a margin rig in a foot of water iether side , all areas were going to be pellet only, hard 8 mm over hard 6,s Its been an easy day to be fair, i caught quite well in front if my nets for a while, then in the last couoke of hours the margins, were ok aswell, i had 5 nets in and clicked 55lb in each, overclicked a bit so reckoned on about 250lb by the end and wasnt to far out as i my nets went 252, so good for me . The all important section win and enoigh for second in the k/o behind ryan shipp and ahead of tom Mangnal. But miles behind the winner on the day, niel(the occasional angler) mercer with a few ounces over 400lb on pellet just in front of his nets,on peg 58. well done matey. Second was the irrepressible craig(trig)edmunds on homeground with 325lb on 81, exceptional sport but to much like hard work to do every week, hats off to john candy and his team for keeping the sport at the level it is, weigh sheets below

No comments:

Post a Comment