Total Pageviews

Wednesday 4 August 2021

Sedges monday over 55 silver match

Back to this lovely fishery again today, on the canal today, never as well supported as the main lakes, as it can be a tough nut to crack, anyway denise and jamie did the draw and denise pulled out peg 47 for me, can be ok according to some so happy enough, the peg is just as the lake starts.to narrow so hopefully an area.the fish may congregate, a large.tree.to my.left which can hold a few.chublets and maybe a barbel.
the peg was basically the same depth all.over, so one rig to fish maggot or worm over groundbait at topset and one, 7mtrs in front and 11mtrs to my right in the middle, and another rig to fish caster on my left under the tree. But as it was the same depth as in front i could use it on the other lines aswell. on the all in I cupped in a ball of groundbait on each line but started.short, i had a few.skimmers.up.to just over.a.pound, aswell as a nice proper crucian, (not a dirty hybrid), but as expected i only got about 90minutes on that line before it died, maggot on the hook was best, but i had an invasion of motherless(sundace) minnows whuch made getting anything soft to the bottom, so i tried the 7mtr line and had a 2lb skimmer, but it was a bit to close to the reeds and carp soon turned up there, the 11 mtr line to my right was just full of carp, so that was no good, under the tree gave me.a bit of sport with some chublets and small roach initially, then i had a couple of barbel and a small tench, then the carp arrived there aswell, that was the end of my silvers for today, towards.the end i had a visit from roy worth, always a laugh, and he did try and help me, but i dont think the bomb on the pole was going to be very effective today. By the end i wasnt sure what I had, so was really pleased.to weigh 14lb exactly, which was good enough for joint first with john moore on 49, 14lb also , well.done matey, catch shot below, and the weigh sheet, steve kedge was third with 13lb so got my quid baxk from last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment