Total Pageviews

Sunday 29 August 2021

Thursday shiplate

Back to a match om the main lake today, and a nice breakfast roll from the butty wagon all prepared by jess, well cooked and hot again. In charge of own draw today and i pulled out peg 7 for myself, i had an island chuck but that was never going to happen,
Also its a swim with a lovely left hand margin with an overhanging tree at 16mtrs, but i wasnt going to go that far as undoubtedly it would be beyound the boundary of the peg, so 13 mtrs that way.
For company i had silver ace pete zimniak on 8 to my left and alan quantrill on my right on 6 Rigs today , a silvers.rig for 7mtrs, to fish worm maggot or caster.over.groundbait. A shallow and deep pellet rig for 14 mtrs, a meat rig for 5 mtrs to my left at the bottom of the margin rocks, and a pellet rig for 13 mtrs to my left, again at the bottom of the rocks. after feeding all lines with the appropriate baits i started on the short groundbait line, whuch was a massive disapointment, after.an hour all i had to show for my efforts were two small skimmers and a roach, what was.worrying was.that there were no bubbles or fizz on any other lines. I did managed.a.foulhooked carp and a big skimmer in the next hour, looking around no one seemed to be catching much, alan had a couple of big skimmers, and pete.was.getting small fish, but at the start of the 4th hour , my meat and long margin pellet line began to come to life, i began catching big skimmers and then a couple of carp, so life all of a sudden was good again, also i had a few.carp from the longer margin pellet line, so the last part of the match was very enjoyable, including the skimmers and three tench i had i new i had well over 100lb, when the scales got to me alex murray on peg 15 was top with 99lb, my carp went 97lb and the silvers went 30lb giving me a total of 127lb, enough for the win,
nigel bartlett won the silvers from peg 1 with 36lb which is a good silvers weight from there, so alex was second overall and john andres was third with 80+ from peg 3, weigh sheet below.

No comments:

Post a Comment