Total Pageviews

Sunday 4 October 2009

better at bullocks

23 fishing today so we had 19 on the match with 4 on south pool. i didnt mind to much as to where i drew , but i wasnt to happy when shaun putley handed me peg 2. not normally to good for silvers or carp, although you can get a few down the edge to the left under a small tree. so i set up a 4x12 rig for in the open water for silvers , a 4x10 rig for the left hand margin and the same for 16 mtrs to peg 1 which wasnt in.
at the start i cupped in some dry grounbait at 12 and 2 , and a mix of caster maggot and pellet under the tree to the left at 6 mtrs and at 16 mtrs to peg 1 at 16 mts.
starting on maggot over the g bait a nd i had a fantail and a couple of hybrids ,then small roach, a change to corn on the hook and a sucsession of crucians started to find themselves in my net , by kinder potting dry g bait over the 2 lines i kept getting the odd fanny and crucians till about three hours in when it started to go quiet , a look with maggot only produced small roach , so i put in a potfull of g bait with maggot and caster over the 2 lines and got the margin rig out, a look to the left only reseulted in a missed bite on treble maggot and the rig ended up in the tree, i still get excited when the float goes under!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! . so i went round and retrieved the rig from the tree, then went to peg 1 with treble maggot , and hooked 1 straight away but it came off after a few seconds, so i cupped in some more mix up and went back over the silver lines and had odd fannies and roach . after about 10 mins i went back down to peg 1 and after a couple of mins i had another 1 on which stuck this time and a 9 lb fish was safely netted, thats how my match went right to the end really catch a carp feed again go on the silver line get a couple of roach and a fannie then try for a carp, by the end i had 6 carp and i thought about 12 lb of silvers. i could see bela bakos on 17 catching on paste and in the end he had had 21 carp plus bits so he was favourite to win , and lewis jones on 24 had been catching silvers well so that looked sown up.
back to the skales and i was first to weigh, 16.8 of silvers that was a shock , obviosly fat fannies tend to weigh well. and the carp went 34.8 total 52 lb which was top until we got to bela on peg 17 whose 21 carp went 66.13 for first with my 52 lb good enough for 2 nd
3 rd lewis jones 39.11 and top silvers with 16.13 peg 24
4 th tom thicck 32.2 peg 26
5 th gary wall 28.10 peg 21
6 th mike nicholls 28.1 peg 8
nice to see shaun putley out on the bank again thats 2 weeks on the trot and he is even threatening to go again next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!. he was going to fish next years teams of 4 with bela and 2 more but bela has decided to fish with someone else so shaun has has been treated like a used condom and thrown in the gutter poor bloke , i can remember when bela used to like him.
and fabio has finally won a quid off me he was on the river fishing the winter league .i had to offer him 6 times his weight to get the bet, then he goes and draws one of the best chub pegs on the lower avon at swineford and managed to foulhook 12 lb of the buggers meaning i had to get 72 lb to get the quid which is a tall order at bullocks. it aint so bad cos i am only loseing 1 of the pounds he has had to give me lol , i think i might have my wag rod back that i have lent him.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your support Tony, I was looking forward to fishing with mate Bela again, and to think I came out of retirement just for him. That will teach me, I should have known he would use me cast me aside when he's finished.  One good thing came out of today - I beat his captain. He used to come to my house to cry on my shoulder and tell me had no friends, now he justs drinks my beer. I will be tomorrow (Tuesday) to get my pole sections just in case!!!!   

    ReplyDelete