Total Pageviews

Sunday 14 April 2013

Acorn pole only league , round 3

My turn for d section today which runs from 23 to 38. As it was forecast to Beverly windy with the wind coming from the south , I fancied 27 or 36 so I wasn't to upset to pull out 27, not a eg with a lot of form recently but with the wind off my back I expected some action as I wasn't going to struggle getting sensible presentation , for company I had tim ford on 30 and the southwests latest body building champion Shaun kitteridge on 25, I set up several rigs , one for silvers to fish maggot over g bait at 8 mtrs but after a couple of short tries without a bite that won't be mentioned again, I expected to catch on pellet against the island on top of the shelf and down it but Thatnever really got going as I only had a small carp and a crucian on top of the shelf and a foul hooked 5 lb fish down the shelf, it was very hard , Shaun and mat tomes who were in my section to my right couldn't get a bite , whereas   Tim to my left was catching steadily from the off, and he was even managing to get the odd fish in the mouth, the wind was blowing his rig along the far bank and into the fish, he seemed to be. Catching on corn , which didn't help me as I had left mine back at the shop, I was feeding meat down to empty peg 28 and at about 5 mtrs to my right by an overflow pipe, I did feed a 13 mtr line to my right but apart from losing a fouler I never had another indication there, I don't think the far bank pellet lines produced probably due to the over use of the catty, tim on the other had was keeping it tight just kindering a bit of corn and micro(I think, his blog will say), I did have some meat with me and fed that either side and I was getting odd bites on it, I ended the match with about 17 or 18 small carp 1 tench that was over 4lb and the lonesome crucian which pulled the scales down to 37.5 which was a bit more than I expected, it was only good enough for 4th in the section so my league is now well and truly over, Tim won our section with 58 lb ish and the match was won by mike Owens on peg7 with 80 something pounds, full results will be on mike nicholls blog, top silvers. Weight on the day was john Bradford on peg 6 on the top lake, down there again in 2 weeks, I hope it keeps warming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment