Total Pageviews

Sunday 18 August 2013

Sunday open chilton trinity wildmarsh lake

19 fishing today so plenty of room , I didn't mind where I drew as its a lake which can produce the winner from anywhere, I had last but one ticket and ended up with 29 which is one back from the point peg, my main line of attack today was paste so I set up a rig for that and a meat rig for down the edge , and a pellet wag as there have been a lot of fish coming to this on this lake at the mo, but with the wind coming in and across from the right it was always going to be hard to control to get to work.
Plus with Paul elmes and kev molten chucking there wags into my peg there were never going to be enough fish to share out(lol).
Starting on the paste I had two carp in the first 30 mins but that proved to be a bit of a false dawn as apart from two lost foulers that was my lot on the paste line, the wind was making it hard with the hook getting blown out of the paste, the meat line down the edge gave me two more carp one of 6oz and an 8lb fish and a tench , I lost two more foulers down there aswell, and to be honest that was my match done and dusted, I did set up a full depth wag about halfway through just to see if I could get some liners but I never had any movement on that so it appeared to be a bit of a fishless area, Scott puddy to my right had two fish and left before the end, opposite fabio had 7 on the shallow wag, kev molten had 5 and Paul elmes had 3, mainly due to the wind being a bit more favourable as it was mainly off there back, but most of the action came around the corner to my right with dean malin on 9 and Martin McMahon opposite on 25 both ending up with 11 fish a piece , all taken on the wag and pellet fished shallow, dean malin came out on top (just)  with 63.15
2nd Martin McMahon was an ounce behind with 63.14
3rd phil(ip) Harding on peg 58 with 49.2
4 th joe McMahon on peg 7 with 43.14
5th kev molten on 61 with 38.15
6th Alan oram on peg10 with 26.13
Silvers
Nick Collins on peg 22 with 13.8. Of small roach and a couple of skimmers taken on small. Pieces of worm,
Off to windmill fishery next week which is a new one for me, I,ve had a few mixed reports on this one so the best way to find out is to have a go, I may have a couple of spare places , so if anyone is interested ring me at the shop

1 comment:

  1. Did you DNW or embarrassed to tell.

    I remember several season back you would not touch paste, what's happened in your old age.

    Drawn to the Dark side I feel.

    Woody
    West Sussex

    ReplyDelete