Total Pageviews

Monday 23 September 2013

Chilton trinity, woodland lake

2nd visit here in two weeks, but I,m not complaining as its a venue where you tend to get a days fishing from most pegs and its not a Peggy lake so it's nigh on impossible to predict where the winner will come from. With 25 booked in , which is a big number for this lake due there being corners and end banks which needed to be used , it was to be a pole only again this week so no arguments as to where you could cast or fish.
Again I let misha draw for me and she handed me peg 28 which is on the carpark sided of the lake and smack in the middle , normally a reasonable area but with ever peg in that could change, also the absence of any wind so no ripple that may effect the weights, for company I had 5 pots bailey(glen) on my left and Martin Alexander on my right who is good company but but due to the act he has lost his hearing aid(again) you need to shout at him to have any sort of conversation.
I set up 4 rigs today , a meat rig at 5 mtrs, a couple of pellet rigs for 14 mtrs and a margin pellet rig for each side .
At the start I began feeding 8mm hard pellets each side in the margin and firing the same size out to 14 mtrs, it was a slow start for me as it took me about 15 mins to et connected to my first fish which was fouled and came off, glen already had one in the net and was getting plenty of indications on his paste attack but they were really iffy for him, 45 mins in and now a few fish behind glen and having a few liners I went out on the shallow rig, and I had a reasonable little spell putting 8 fish into the net, just edging me in front of glen after a couple of hours, the only person I could see catching regularly was Paul elmes on peg 3 who was getting fish n the deck on hard 8mm pellet aswell as the odd fish shallow. The fish didn't stay for to long on the shallow line probably due to the flat conditions I think.
Going into the last couple of hours I was getting a bit of movement in my right hand margin, so the last part of the match was spent between the 14 mtr deep rig and the margins, and I ended up with 16 carp for 70 to 80lb, glen had 13 so at least I didn't get busted by a paste basher, I hoped.
Paul on 3 , Shaun Townsend and trig had also had a better second half so it was hard to say who had won, as it turned out Paul elmes had managed to hang on to his early lead and won with 106.12
2nd and on the next peg(2) Shaun Townsend had 90.1
3rd Craig Edmunds on 15 with 88.12
4th tony Rixon on28 with 81.8
5th Gordon cannings on 7 with 74lb
6th glen bailey on 29 with 63.9
Silvers
Ken Rayner with 13.13 of skimmers on dead maggot over soaked 4,s on peg 9
Ken had to go for a swim after as he dropped the bottom 4 sections of his pole in, and FairPlay to him he got them out which is no mean feat in 7 foot of water.
Also we had a little gem from misha during the weigh in when someone asked her how much the lake was down , to which she replied , about 18 inches in some places and two foot in others

No comments:

Post a Comment