Total Pageviews

Monday 2 September 2013

Float only league, final round

This was the last of the series and we were at viaduct on Campbell and Cary, with 20 on each, I let Tom thick draw for me and he gave me 95 and I drew for him and gifted him 112, definitely got the short straw there then, but saying that I wasn't to upset as I needed a section win to get in the overalls and at least on Cary lake there is always a chance to catch up with some of the bigger fish that inhabit this lake, whereas on Campbell it can be a bit of a fish race making it hard to catch up once you are a few fish behind, for company I was next to fabio again on 94 which is the corner peg , which I fancied as the wind has been blowing in there for a few days, and on 96 was the welsh / Australian hybrid in the shape of  stuart(skippy) barnett, so at least I had someone cheerful to talk to on one side ( I will leave that one to you to work out). I set up a wag rod and a paste rig but never used either, and a depth pellet rig , I didn't set up a shallow rig as I have never had to much success on this lake fishing shallow.
On the whistle I shipped out the pellet rig to 14 mtrs fired in some 8,s and waited, it didn't take to long to foulhook one which came off as did the next 4 aswell, in the meantime dan white was slapping a shallow rig about and by the end of the first hour he had 7 carp in the net, I had managed to put 2 in the net but liners were a problem, so at the end of the first hour I was off the box and assembling a shallow rig, I was soon into the first carp on it and to be honest apart from a couple of attempts to catch on the deck which just resulted in liners and a couple foulers I stuck with the shallow rig for most of the match putting odd fish to about 15ib in the net, fabio had banked on the wag to the end bank and was catching some and on the other side skippy was catching and losing on several methods including paste, and pellet shallow and deep , the lake was fishing well with lots of people catching , Paul elmes over on 79 had lost count of the number of scales. He had put in his net , luckily for him Craig Edmunds at the next peg was keeping count and by the end he had 50 on his clicker, Paul couldn't deny it as he had lost count.
By the end I had 19 carp and 4 skimmers in the nets and with them weighing 164.8 it was the section win I needed to keep me in the overall money, Craig Edmunds had all but won the league before today , with the only person to possibly upset. His win was Shaun Townsend who was on 111, but he needed to win his section with over 300lb and for trig to dip out, FairPlay he won his section and the match with 228.14, so not enough to oust trig
2nd Tom thick on 112 with 196.5
3rd mash on 105 with 180.6
4th mike west on 125 with 172lb
5 th tony Rixon 164.8 peg 95
6th Scott puddy on 116 with 161.3
Silvers
 Gary etheridge with 44.11 on peg 86, catching skimmers of various sizes on soft pellet over softened 4,s
Overall league
Craig. Edmunds 25 pts 576.8lb. £325
Shaun Townsend 25 pts 525.7lb £250
Paul elmes 24 pts 548.7 lb. £175
Tony Rixon 24 pts 478.5lb. £100
Tom mangnall 23 pts. 686.4 lb. £50
Another good league finished now till next year and it was a good tight finish, mainly due to the small 5 peg section, roll on next year
Having another go on wildmarsh at chilton trinity next Sunday so give me a ring at the shop if you fancy it 01179517250

No comments:

Post a Comment