Total Pageviews

Thursday 12 September 2013

Weds viaduct open

With the Royal Navy fishing on cambell the open today was on match and lodge if needed , with 14 fishing steve put 9 on match and 5 on lodge , even though it was a pole only match a draw on lodge was needed to frame overall or win the silvers, into the draw tin and out pops peg 44. A good wag peg !!!!!!!!!. For company I had the gimp on 43 and mark tanner on 45.
I normally do ok on this lake fishing caster and micro combination, so I set up a caster rig to fish at 13 mtrs 10 and 2 o,clock, the same rig would do at 16 mtrs at 10 angle, and I set up a hard pellet rig to fish banded 6 over loose fed 4,s at 16 mtrs 2 angle.
At the start I cupped in some micros and caster in the 13 mtr lines , a big pot of caster on the 16 mtr 10 angle and began firing a few 4, s towards the 16 mtr 2 angle  line, starting at 13 mtrs small roach were the first to arrive as is normal but they wanted to stay, there were some carp and f1,s present but the small roach were being a bit of a problem, I spent the first couple of hours trying to get a bait to the bottom and when I did I quite often got an f1 , but I wasn't catching well enough as glen the spod bailey on 40 was catching on paste over his pellet mountain and they were good fish aswell for this lake .
I switched to the pellet line fishing on the deck which is only 2 foot all the way across in this peg, and began catching a few with no roach problems, it was mainly f1,s and with them going over 2lb they were worth catching, after an hour of this I had odd swirls so it was off the box and assembling a shallow rig and I never looked back catching f1,s but not to many carp, glen was till catching on 40 and with the news filtering through that lodge was producing there looked to be only the section up for rays and with glen in my section it was going to be hard as I. Needed to catch between 2 and 4 fish to stay in touch with him, the fish kept coming shallow up until about 30 mins from the end when they seemed to disappear but a switch to the deck rig kept a few fish coming , by the all all out it was a bit to close to call between glen and me, glen was fist weigh and put 103lb on the scales ,and I wasn't to sure I had that , I thought I had 80 ish, I had to wait for the scales, but when they eventually got to me Vincent brown was top on our lake with 128.4 but he wasnt in my section , my nets went
108.9 just beating glen, it was those few late fish on the deck, plus glen hooked his keepnet with 5 mins to go trashing his rig (excuses excuses), I bet mark tanners ears were well and truly chewed off on the way home,
As expected the top weights came off lodge with Paul Blake on 66 ending up with 184.6 of meat caught carp
2nd mark wynne on 64 with 158.13
3rd mat parsons on 58 with 146.8
4th Vincent brown on 49 with 128.4
5th me 108.9
6 th glen bailey 103.13 on peg 40
Silvers
Dave romain on 60 with 41.2 of skimmers

No comments:

Post a Comment