Total Pageviews

Sunday 16 February 2014

viaduct winter league rnd 3

Bit of a rant first of all, my last blog about landsend last week had some reference to perch and westerliegh lake near bristol, which is fishing very hard , with most anglers only being able to catch small perch, for some reason,  onr of mike regulars rang him and saib I was basically calling his venue crap as I was likening it to westerliegh, obviously the said,  angler "friend" of mikes didnt understand what I was driving at, as landsend is and will probably always be a favourite venue for me , and mike again is and always will be a good friend of mine, obviously this un named angler, as mike wouldn't tell me his name has endured some kind of sense of humour bypass operation, but he abviosly enjoys a bit of shit stirring, next time you feel the need to say anything it may pay to give me a ring at the shop on 01179517250 to explain what has been written about before jumping the gun, luckily for me the more sensible people and the westerliegh anglers took it in the way it was intended and had a laugh about it, rant over
back to today and team draw 6 put me peg 81 cary which is tje far side of the spit, always capable of a few carp,  normally on the lead but occasionally on the pole up the side of the spit, so I set up a lead rod for various hair rigged baits, and a couple of pole rigs to fish caster at 16 mtrs in a gap in the brambles,  I had vince brown next to me on 82 and nigel easton the other side of the spit on 80, the lead fishing was a non event today, I did get 3 liners but that was only when dom sullivan on 85 hooked each of his 3 fish other that that I never had another twitch on it, I started fishing caster in he bramble gap, and had a few nice perch and lots of small roach, then in the last 30 mins I hooked 2 carp in 2 put ins , losing one under the brambles and landing the second, which was one of tje smallest in cary at 4.15, my silvers went 9.15 for a total of 14.14 which was the same weigjt as nigel easton who had a 14 lb carp hooked in arse, so we shared the 40 quid mini section payout,  the match was won on peg 125 with 161lb by Steve kedge, mainly on meat on thr lead, for the full results check out mike nicholls blog as he will put on the weigh sheetsj

2 comments:

  1. Not mainly on the lead, ALL on the lead. Just call me Al(as in alchemist)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another top silvers angler in need of medication!

    ReplyDelete