Total Pageviews

Sunday 2 February 2014

viaduct winter league rnd 2

My turn on cambell today,  so a draw up at the top end would be nice, it was tim clarks turn to do the draw which he duly did and handed me 116, nice . Paul elmes had it last time and was 2nd on the lake off it with 85lb,  and getting to the peg I thought we were going to get a few as there were carp topping all over the lake in front of us, I had fabio for company on 118,  and after his bragging in the shop on friday in front of several witnesses as to how he was going to tear me a new ass, I was expecting the worse,  I set up a wag rod as per how paul caught last time, a lead rod (aaaaargh) and a pole rig to use at 16 mtrs for maggot over caster,  I was ready in plenty of time so I had plenty of chance for a bit of a wander, I didnt ģo to far as fabio was still telling me how good he was and how much he was going to beat me by. At the start I cupped in some casters on the long pole line,  then threw out the wag on treble maggots , and bugger me if I didnt get one first chuck, as did fabio,  but that turned out to ne a bit of a false dawn, the breese picked up  , sending the float throughpto fast with the wind,  I tried the lead with maggot , but only had a couple of liners,  Chris fox turned up just before the start and he was now badgering me into trying the popped up bread,  after a bit of ear bending I relented , changed the hook length and slung out 12 mm popped up toast material, and I did get a run of fish on it,  but it wasnt really going to well, chris davis on 124, and nigel easton on 125 were getting better presentation and were catching steadily on the wag and lead,  towards the end of the match I tried the pole and I did get 1 carp , a tench a skimmer and a roach,  by thr end I had 12 carp, 10 of which I had on the lead and bread,  1 on the pole and 1 on the wag as for fabsy he ended up with 7 and lean hubbard on 119 had 8 so it looked as though dear old fabio was doing an impression of a chip shop sausage and been battered all round, the lake was won by nigel easton on 125 with 120lb and I think he won overall aswell, and chris on 124 was second with 100lb plus leavimg me 3rd on the lake with 75lb,  for the full results mike nicholls will put tje weigj sheets up on his blog
off to ivy house again weds , looks like it might rain again lol

3 comments:

  1. Badgering ha!........ It worked though, didn't it, i expect some chocolate cookies with my coffee next time I'm in the shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never ever ever moan about lead chucking again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tony Rixon owns a lead rod ? Next thing you know he'll be buying Chris chocolate biscuits.

    ReplyDelete