Total Pageviews

Wednesday 29 January 2014

weds open. ivy house lakes

Its been about 6 years since the last time I fished here, now with new owners in the shape of andy lloyd with his wife karen harvey I thought it was time for a return, andy has been busy tidying the place up and starting on a bit of a restock,  the breakfast was nice but it will need a bit of tweaking to keep everyone happy.  Peg 13 has been the peg as it has won the last 2 matches,  so I wasn't to upset to be on peg 12 , for company I had niel richards who is no slouch so it was goinÄ£ to be hard to win today, on the other side on peg 10 I had martin lenaghan who today was a lot of a slouch as he blanked, the only one to do that today, ok martin I wont mention you again. It seems as though the humble maggot has been doing the  business so I set up .4g rig with the normal 18 middy 6313 hook on .12 line,  and a .25 rig to fish down my left hand margin, I only tried it once and never had a touch so no more on that then. I was going to fish at 13 and 14 mtrs so at the start I cupped in some soaked micros and maggots on both lines , and dropped the rig in on tje 13 mtr line, hmmm nothing happened,  so out to the 14 mtr line , nothing there  eiher , by now everone to my right was catching small carp , but me and the person to my left who I promised not to mention, and john Howell to his left remained biteless , in fact it took 1 hour 20 mins to get my first bite , by now I was probably about 10 to 15 fish behind allthe anglers to my right , and thats was how my match went with me never lokking as though I was going to be a threat,  the fish didnt seem to want to settle in front of me and tjey certainly didnt want to go to my left. by the end I had 20 carp and a skimmer which when weighed went 22.3 for 7th on the day,
first went to niel on 13 with 46.5
2nd frank (of ridgeway fame) with 40.6
3rd mike nicholls with 39.14
4th val murray with 39.02
5th phil with 36lb
6th alan oram 24.5
all in all a nice close match, and I did enjoy it so I will be going back next wednesday in all probability

No comments:

Post a Comment