Total Pageviews

Sunday 12 January 2014

Sedges , tile lake

19 fishing so I left. Out peg 25 which was on the far bank into the wind and with no island chuck. I waited till there was only 2 tickets left I the draw , so Aaron pulled one out for me and I ended up with 36, for company I had Clint wojtyla on 38 and his travelling partner and part time Eric morecombe impersonater, Leon Hubbard on peg 35.
With the lake being 8 foot deep I set up two identical 4x18 rigs , one with an 18 , 6313 on .10 and the other had a 20, 8313 on .12. No lead rod even though this lake lends itself to method feeder or bomb fishing in the winter as most people have an island throw, but not for me as I just don't enjoy it, but that's just me , plenty of people do enjoy doing it , but. We go fishing to enjoy what we do, even when it may cost me winning or framing, but it's my choice.
With the wind coming off our left shoulder on this bank it. Meant the trip would be going back against the wind, so spot on presentation . At the start I cupped in 3 balls of groundbait with a few casters in at 11mtrs and some soaked 4,s and micros at 14, looking along the bank of ten pegs it only seemed the gimp and me were out For a pole only affair, everyone else was out on the method or. Straight lead, with Clayton Hudson drawing first blood on the carp stakes with a bread caught carp on the straight lead, I don't know. Where Clint got his information from as to the stocks in this lake is a mystery to me cos as far as I am aware they haven't ever stocked it with u boats, the only time his feeder landed well was when he threw it on the island and twitched it off, unless I am missing something on this venue as Leon and Clayton were trying the same island approach.
Back to my swim and I started on the 11 mtr g bait line with single maggot or caster or maggot on the hook, and I was getting bites from skimmers from 1oz to 12 oz straight away, and. I stuck with this for the first 2 hours as no one was really setting it on fire, but after that good start after a couple of hours the skimmers all but disappeared so I was left. Scratching around for the odd skimmer and hopefully a few carp, Martin lenaghan came off his feeder and went out on the pole on banded 6 mm hard pellet on peg 38 and soon started catching smallish carp quite regularly, also John (turkey)Thompson on 33 was catching some bigger carp on the lead and maggot, I did manage 6 small carp by the end but it was never going to be enough to frame in the main pool, but I did fancy
My chances with the silvers as no one seemed to have many and I new I had at. Least 7lb, my silvers
Actually went 9.14 for first in the silvers, and my carp went 15.9 for a total weight of  25.7 which
Was 7th overall so it fished quite well really , considering the amount of rain we have had and there
Was a sharp frost in the morning,
1st today was Martin lenaghan on 38 with 56.1
2nd john(turkey) Thompson on 33 with 46.12
3rd Leon hubbard on 35 with 28.14
4th Adrian jeffery on 24 with 28.7
5th steve (I want to be on peg 40)Seager on peg 40 with 28.4
6th dave hodgson on 28 with 27.13
So a good match reall with enough bites to keep you interested , which is a proper bonus this time of year, plus it's one of the best kept fisheries about and as with most of the venues around Bridgwater the owners are nice friendly people

No comments:

Post a Comment