Total Pageviews

Wednesday 15 January 2014

landsend weds rover

Only 4 ended fishing today so used the far bsnk only, I cant really understand why the nimbers have dropped so dramatically, but its not just landsend, I spoke to steve kedge on tues afternoon and he was the ony one booked into the viaduct weds open. the best attended matches seem to be costcutters on thursdays or over 55, s matches, so I either need to change my closed day from weds to thursday and lie about my age, well at least for anothef year at least, back to the fishing, and its not realky worth taljing to much about, I pulled ticket number 3 do had third choice of pegs, aaron britnell pickef 16, turkey thompson chose 19 the gimp staggered to 21 and I plumbed gor the shorteet walk and sat on 24, the fishing was hard as iI thought it would be, with all carp moviny to the far side of the lake, where they spent most of the day cavorting about, just waiting for us yo go homr so they could come back anf eat our leftovers.  I fed several lines at 14 mtrs mainly, 2 lines with doaked micros snd a caster line up the edge wt the bottom of the slope,  to cut a long story short I had 2 carp a golden tench an sn f1 over the pellets on maggot, and lots of roach , another carp and some nice perch down the edge, at the end I had nearly 22lb of silvers and my 3 carp went 11lb for a 33lb total which wad enough to takr the money, no bragging rights with this one with ony 4 fishing.
Off to viaduct this sunday for the first of the teams of 5 winter league with 95 fishing its a good series, then next weds there is a silvrrs match on spting lake which shoulf be well attended, hoprfully!!!!

2 comments:

  1. they will come back when the sun returns

    ReplyDelete
  2. The two matches you mention that are well attended are both cheap matches £10 and £12 respectively. Perhaps consider reducing the costs of your matches and see what happens. Even better I guess if you have venues closer to Bristol.

    ReplyDelete