Total Pageviews

Wednesday 8 January 2014

Viaduct fishery, silvers match

24 fished today so we were on spring,some on Cary and two on middle lake !!, into the draw tin and out comes 24 , not to bad then lol, a very good consistent peg whether its a carp or silvers match, for company I had Callum dicks on 25 and Nigel Bartlett over on 19, the numbers were up a bit as some anglers were using it as a practice for the cips rules match on Saturday , so some had bloodworm and joker to try, but I don't think it did them much good as all the weights came on maggot and caster today, I wasn't going to fish any differently today to how I fished in the silvers league , so only two rigs , a .25 and a .4g rig both with middy 6313 hooks on .10 line, at the start I cupped in 4 balls of groundbait with a few casters on the 11 and 14 mtr lines, and started on the lighter rig at 5 mtrs fishing single caster over loose fed caster, I was soon catching small roach ,as was Callum next door , and looking around the lake most people were catching small fish, the fishe were quite active as you needed to keep altering the depth and shotting patternto keep them coming, Callum seemed to have it sorted as he was fishing shallow on caster and was getting a few better fish with odd ones up to a pound, I went out onto the longer lines before cal, hoping for some skimmers but the didn't materialise  to quickly , I had to with till about the fourth hour before I started to catch a few , but they wouldn't keep coming, I was always playing catch up with Callum, and about 2 hours to go he hit a bit of a purple patch on the long pole over his groundbait, catching skimmers of various sizes, he couldn't get his rig In Quick enough at one stage, by the end it was obvious he was going to be top weight on spring lake but Adam palmer on 37 on middle was admitting to 35lb and I reckoned Callum had about the same , and I felt I had 20 ish, after the weigh in Adam won it with 39.12 on peg 37 on maggot over groundbait for skimmers , he also had some good perch and roach down his margin
2nd Callum dicks on 25 with 35.4
3rd me with 25.7 on 24
4th rocky on 16 with 25.5
5th steve kedge on 5 with 20.7
6th andy power on 77 with 20.5

No comments:

Post a Comment