Total Pageviews

Sunday 23 March 2014

emerald pool fishery, avon angling open

Another nice brekkie in lillypool cafe , fisrt thing, it was good to see mark bush in there, obviously his weight loss plan is going really well as he was treating himself to a lillypool large one , you carry on like this and you will be a shadow of your former self mark .
back to the fishing and with 30 fishing,  we had 16 on sapphire and 14 on ruby, I waited till the end and had the last ticket, I ended up on 16 which was the end peg on the far side of sapphire, at least I had the wind from behind, I had bob the bread price for compa8ny on 15 and tim clark just round the corner on peg 1, I only set up 2 rigs, a .2g pellet rig to fish hard pellet and a same size rig for meat down the edge by the reed bed to my left. At the start I began on banded 8mm over loose fed 6, s at 5 mtrs, and began firing some 6, s to the island which was a comfortable 10 mtrs away, it was a slow start with only 2 carp in the first 45 mins , although I did lose a couple of foulers, so I switched my main attack to the island,  it looked good but there were lots of dead reeds under the surfade making it hard to get  clean fall with the rig, by now gordon Cannings two to my right was starting to catch steadily on meat at 5mtrs,
I was getting plenty of indications and odd fish, bit the catty feeding was keeping the fish in the reeds, so a switch to kindering seemed to help, most people aroumd the lakes were catching but Gordon seemed to be doing the best, I did catch steadily but it was nefer quick enough as gordon, tom thick on peg 3 and bela bakos on 4 seemed to be catching quicker,  as for hiw the other lake was doing , it was impossible to tell, only the scales would say at the end.
in the end it was gordon cannings meat attack which edged it, as he weighed 87.12, catching all his fish on meat at 5 and 6 mtrsa off peg 14
2nd and just behind was bela bakos on peg 4 with 86.11
3rd tom thick on peg 3 had 85.10
4th mat tomes on peg 28 with 80.8
5th dom sullivan on peg 20 with 78.4
6th craig edmunds on 19 with 76.4
it was another good close match with plenty of fish caught , and when you consider there are hardly any fish caught over 4lb , it all makes for nife fishing, my fish went 65.9 for 9th overall but I did get my section by default,  so that paid for the fuel and pools, lol

3 comments:

  1. Tony - any chance yoy can post details of your forthcoming opens on here please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello steve, unfortunately due to alans holiday trade I only have one more sunday on here and that is on the 6th April, send me a comment on here asap if you are interested, it is certainly a good venue with plenty of bites for all, giving the venue a rest all summer from matches may help with this, also alan and anita get a lot of revenue from the summer time holiday trade so I dont see a problem with this, roll on next winter as its a guarateed bites fishery in the winter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bugger, god knows why but ive only just seen this...and missed the last open yesterday!! If any more are in the pipeline, on either a sat or a sun it'd be great if you could post details up on here...I know a lot of people look on here for info on upcoming matches. Cheers, Steve

    ReplyDelete