Total Pageviews

Thursday 27 March 2014

weds open baitech viaduct

After travelling down with andy curry and picking tom thick up on the way, it was down to the A1 cafe on the castle cary road out of shepton, and it was a very nice breakfast aswell, nearly as good as lillypool.
We got to the fishery and we were a bit disappointed to find only 7 booked in, so with all of cambell to use we would have plenty of room, into the draw tin and out comes 125, the only peg with and angler next door,  luckily for me it was the gimp on 124, so at least his casters would keep the ronnies out of my peg, on peg 127 was young geraint powell from pontypridd,  who is a very competent angler, although there arent to many youngster coming through in oir game now the ones that are here are very good.
I was a bit lasy today and only put two rigs up,  one 4x12 for gard pellet on the deck or on the drop at 14 mtrs,  and another for the meat line at 5 mtrs, at tge start I fed some meat on the short line, then shipped out to 14 mtrs with banded 8mm, feeding 6, s with a catty over the top, I had a carp after a few minutes, as did geraint, but he was feeding 8, s. There isnt to much to talk about as there werent enough anglers on the bank, enough to say that geraint kept catching steadily all through , but I was a bit nip and tuck, tom over on 112 had a slow start but from the halfway he really began to give geraint a run for his money, my peg seemed to have some decent silvers in it as I was getting some good skimmers and tench, towards the end most people were catching on the short meat line, and geraint wss getting one a bung down his edge on meat over groundbait, keeping his nose in front of tom, by the end I had 26 carp and my silvers, but it was never going to be enough,  and so it proved with geraint winning with 248.4
tom moaned himself into second spot with 222.1
3rd was me with 196.10,  but I did win the silvers with 38.5 so at least I got my pools money back
4th paul greenwood 170.13
5th andy curry 122lb
6th john dewberry 104.15

No comments:

Post a Comment