Total Pageviews

Sunday 30 March 2014

sunday open, chilton trinity, woodland

21 fishing today which is a nice number on this lake, as always we were greeted by misha, with a smile and a cup of tea/coffee, always a nice touch. It was good to see a couple of the regulars back and fishing today in the shape of mike west and tom mangnal, they have spent recent months fishing a winter league on a venue I cant mention as I, m banned lol,
I let misha draw for me and she handed me peg 10, which is halfway up the far bank, normally a good area, for company I had gordon canning on 9 and martin rayat on 11.
I set up a margin meat rig,  a couple of hard pellet rigs,eone for on the deck and a shallow one, both for 13 mtrs, and a meat rig for 5 mtrs.
At the start I began on the depth rig with a banded 8mm and fired 6, s over the top, I also fed some meat down the edge and at 5mtrs,
I had a couple of small indications which I put down to liners, as this lake is 8 foot deep the carp tend to come up when on most other venues they are hugging the bottom, so it was out with the shallow rig,  by now martin mcmahon opposite was playing a shallow hooked carp, but all I could manage was 2 x 8oz roach, so back on the deck, but it took a while to get a bite, when I did it was a 5lb carp, we all expected a good day as the temps were due to reach 20c, but I think the water is still to cold for it to switch on just yet, the match never really got going for moast , but there were odd fish being caught all round the lake, my match was hard, I ended up with 7 carp, 3 down the edge on meat, one at 5mtrs also on meat and 3 on hard pellet on the deck at 13 mtrs.  Which included a 14lb fish , oh and one 12oz skimmer, at the end it looked to be between 3 people, paul elmes on 3, mike nicholls on 17 and tom (eye ball paul) mangnal on 29, toms peg especially got stronger towards the end so he looked to be favourite,  and that is how it ended with tom coming out on top with 73.8, tom caught mainly on hard pellet on the deck or just off, but he did have a couple shallow aswell
2nd paul elmes with 69.8
3rd mike nicholls with 65.4
4th leon hubbard on peg 6 with 58.12
5th me with 51.2
6th craig edmunds on 24 with 46.9
silvers went to martin rayat next to me with 18.14 of skimmers on soft pellet.
off to landsend on weds so ring me at the shop if you fancy it
01179517250

No comments:

Post a Comment