Total Pageviews

Wednesday 2 April 2014

landsend weds open

A better turnout today with 15 booked , so we were on the match lake only, which is a good amount fo a midweeker on this lake, martin lenaghan pulled out 2 tickets and handed me one, which turned out to be peg 7, its a good peg , where the far bank pellet line tends to get better and better as the match goes on, as you seem to draw fish around from the gap in the island on 6.
only 3 rigs today , a .3g for meat down the middle,  a .2 again for meat over against a newly emerging reed bed opposite on the island , and a .1g for banded pellet against the island, I had dave Blakemore on 6 and mike west on 9, at the start I cupped in some meat and some by the weedbed, then began firing a few 6, s to the island,  the first hour was very slow with one ide , one skimmer and a lost carp, opposite on 19 gordon Cannings had begun well catching at 5 mtrs on meat, and I could just see shane turner on 15 getting a few against the island, and tom mangnal up on 11 seemed to be snaring a few, my match never got going with the carp not venturing past peg 6 and up to me, I did fet a few against the island plus one in meat over by the reeds and 2 at 5 mtrs, I ended the match with 8 smallish carp for 41lb and 2 skimmers,  2 f1, s, 2 skimmers and an ide for another 10lb for a 51lb total, which was no good today, gordon over on 19 caught odd fish right through the match ending up with 19 carp for 101.12
2nd tom mangnal on 11 had 76.15
3rd kieth turner on 13 had 60.13
4th shane(son of kieth)turner on 16 with 55.6
5th me with 51.4
6th ron hardiman on peg 1 with 45.9
silvers went to andy hembrow on peg 3 with 22.5 of mainly skimmers on soft pellet

No comments:

Post a Comment