Total Pageviews

Wednesday 9 April 2014

ivy house Wednesday open

Got to the fishery with pete notton to find only 9 people fishing, the costcutter tje day before had 17 booked in, viaduct is suffering the same quiet Wednesdays,  whereas the Thursday coscutter has got at least 25 fishing, I am going to have to think about opening Wednesdays and going fishing thursdays just to get a decent size match lol, but at least the breakfast up at ivy cooked by the more than capable karen was more than sufficient and very tasty using local produce, even the sausages seemed to have real meat in them, lol, it was good to mr shipp in attendance, bringing his son dan along and young cody who is a bitterwell lake regular for a bit of a pleasure session on the small lake, nice to see a couple of younsters showing an interest in match fishing , as the sport is really struggling for new blood, and hats off to the lads at bitterwell who are doing there best for the kids by running regular junior matches.
back to the draw and out comes peg 46, a very consistent peg which frames regularly,  I am not goimg to spend to much time talking about the match as its only a knockup,  only 2 rigs put up a hard pellet rig to fish at 5,9 and 14 mtrs with banded 6mm over loosefed 4, s and a I was goimg to put groindbait bown each side in the margins and fish corn over it, at the start I cupped in some 4, s on tje 3 pellet lines and pit a few pots of groindbait down each side, I gave the 5 mtr line 40 mins , but only had one bite and one stockie carp, so it was out to the 9mtr line where I had 12 more before that line dried up, so the rest of the match was spent at 14 mtrs and down the margins,  I had an interestimg match ending up with 30 plus stockie carp, ome 3 1/2 old common and 4 skimmers, I did lose 2 probable double figure carp, ome on tje 14 mtr line , it fell off as I was thinking about netting it, then another one which I hooked doen the edge, which felt and looked bigger, but it all came in to easily as again I came down to the topset easily , then after having a quick look at me , decided to head out into the middle of the lake and broke me, bugger again, but it never cost me as des won with 90lb off peg 33, he couldnt catch any stockies but he mabe up for it with some good fish down the edge, including a couple of the biggest f1, s I have ever seen, with one of them going nearly 8lb, not nad for a strain of fish that wasnt meant to go over 4lb, oh yes and he also won the silveds with 20lb of skimmers, I was second and a lomg way behind with 46lb, but it was enjoyable and I will probably back in a couple of weeks time , hopefully there , may be a few more in attendance,
off to landsend on sunday for an open, so give me a ring at the shop to book in on 01179517250 , or phone mike at the fishery on 07977545882

1 comment:

  1. You still haven't learnt how to use the spell check tool!

    ReplyDelete