Total Pageviews

Sunday 27 April 2014

viaduct spring lge round 1

This is a popular league with 55 fishing , spread over cambell, carey and lodge lake. I wasnt to fussed where I drew , but was more than happy to see 85 written on my ticket , a good peg with plenty of fish in it normally, lots of advice,  with most people telling me to fish the tip with 11mm pellet or meat, not for me though, I set up a wag to fish pellet at 30mtrs, and a couple of pole rigs , one for meat at 5 and 14 mtrs, and a pellet rig for my right hand margin, for company I had andy neale on 81 and glyn Reynolds on 86, with dan white on 87 and lee wherret on 88 it was going to be interesting,  at the start most people around me started on the lead, I started on the 14 mtr meat line, 10 minutes in and I hooked a carp which obviously wasnt hooked in the right place , so the hook pulled somewhere in glyns peg, after another 10 mins and lee was on his 3rd carp, so I went out on the wag with a banded 11mm pellet over loose fed 8,s.  By the end of the first hour I had 3 carp on the wag , but lee was on 6 by now, luckily he wasnt in my section, both glyn and andy were struggling, so I stuck with the wag for most of the first 4 hours putting 11 carp in the net , with fish up to 18lb ish, these cary fish are proper pigs, with 20lb fish not uncommon, the meat line at 5 mtrs never gave me a bite , so most of the last 90 mins were spent at 14 mtrs down the right hand margin, where I added another 6 carp on banded 11mm pellet again over catty fed 8,s. So with 17 fish in the nets I reckoned I had 170lb as these water pigs tend to average out at 10lb plus, lee ended up with 21 with a common carp of probably 20lb in his catch so he had over 200lb, but it looked as though I was going to win my section so a good start to the series was in the bag ,
1st on the day was lee wherret on 88 with his 21 beasties going 236.14
2nd andy crocker with 192.5 on peg 96
3rd was me with 186.1 on peg 85
4th adrian jeffery on peg 90 with 139.1
5th nick ewers on 110 with 136lb
6th mat tomes on 119 with 134.15
no silvers prize today , just overall weight.
off to landsend wednesday, 10 am draw and 16 pounds pools,
luckily I beat glyn by 122lb so I never had to have my picture taken with his daffodil hat on , but I did make him wear it to hand his pound over to me, also shaun townsend came scuffing around the lake to give me anothe quid, thats only 12 on the trot from him, a quadruple hat trick ha ha ,
good to hear tim ford is out of hospital, and we all wish him a speedy recovery, but as long as he isnt fishing, there will be a flyer for someone else to draw

2 comments:

  1. Hi, great blog post. Is Cary to the left of the lodge lake? Saw some guys pulling lumps out of the corner pegs a few weeks back for some qualifier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right paul, it is to the left of lodge, and all the fish seem to be between 10 and 20lb plus, nice fish, but certainly at the upper end of the scale as far as match fishing goes, can be a bit scary when you foul one on the pole .

    ReplyDelete