Total Pageviews

Sunday 13 April 2014

sunday open landsend fishery

The trusty blue van has had a bit of a wobbler,  I hope its something trivial, its a bit noisy, sounds like a bearing or somethimg similar,  so its off to tha van doctors for it,
luckily judith never had a dog show today so I had the use of her van, so after loading mine and pete nottons gear into the back and it was off to lillypool cafe fo another nice brekkie, then off to the fishery, 25 had booked in for this one so moke let us use match and  number 3 lake (johns). Pete pulled 2 tickets out of the hat so I took one and opened it to reveal 46, not the best but fish got fins and do move about, but it never stopped me moaning to myself on the walk to the lake. With joe mcmahon on 41, trigger on 42 , tom mangnal on 70 and old draw bag himself paul elmes on 68, historically these 4 pegs are the best on the lake, but I wasnt to bitter, 4 good anglers on the best pegs, but every day is different.
I set up 4 rigs, 2 meat rigs , one for the margin and one for 5 mtrs and 2 pellet rigs, one for stalking as there were a few fish about cruising , and a depth rig for over against the island, at the start I began on the 5 mtr meat line and gave it 30 mins but never had a bite on it , so I went stalking and managed 10 fish doing that in the next couple of hours,  then they seemed to dissappear,  so apart from one fish on meat from the margin I had 10 more from off the island some on the deck and some on the shallow rig pushed against the island on banded 8mm pellet over loose fed 6, s, I ended the match with 21 carp and 3 f1, s for over 100lb,  trig seemed to have won the lake as he probably had 24 carp and several f1, s with a lot of his fish falling to meat fished short in the last couple of hour's,  trig ended uo weighing 137.14 , but it wasnt enough to win as the inform dan white on peg 1 had 147.1 on mainly meat fished in several parts of his peg
2nd was trig on 42
3rd was me with 117.12 on peg 46
4th gary o, shea on 15 with 113.14
5th martin mcmahon on 13 with 112.12
6th dabe roper on 19 with 90.4
silvers went to the reborn silver ace , rod Wootten on peg 22 with 34.6, of skimmers and f1.s on soft pellet

No comments:

Post a Comment