Total Pageviews

Sunday 7 December 2014

Landsend winter league round 1

36 fishing this league with 12 on each lake , the first match s a random draw , then you rotate round the other two lakes then back to a random draw to repeat the process with hopefully some different anglers in the section for the last three matches.
Into the draw tin nice and early when all the good pegs are in there, trouble is all the bad ones are in there aswell, and I got a bad one in the shape of 39 on the speci lake, the other end is normally always the favoured place to be , but you never know, (I did really), I,m not going to bore you with the details of a bad day, enough to say that I never had a bite on the normal carp baits in the way of meat , soft pellet and banded pellet, I had to fish single caster along the far bank cover picking up odd perch and a couple of chub, for a bad day and not the start I needed for this league, I did get one carp at the start but at 2lb 13oz it was probably the smallest carp in the lake , and I hooked that in the wing, I did lose a big carp towards the end but my .10 hook link was never going to be up to it.
I ended up with just over 10lb for 4th in the section, so that will hopefully be my dropper, but it's a hard section with some good anglers in it, so the draw is going to be all important, the full results will be on ken rayners blog, but our lake was won by dan white on 31 with 90lb ish second was Adrian Clark on 34 with 70lb, third was Kendra Rayner n 32 with 65lb and nick duckett on 33 with 35lb, so we were definitely at the wrong end,
Off to viaduct on Wednesday for a silvers match, hopefully it will be on Cary or lodge so it will be good practice for the weekends last silvers league match.

No comments:

Post a Comment