Total Pageviews

Thursday 4 December 2014

Wes open, landsend , lake three .

12 fished today which is a nice number on any of these lakes at this popular Somerset venue, we were  met by quite a hard frost this morning and with a strong northerly wind blowing it was going to be a chilly day for some, especially those on the south bank, Ron hardiman and me argued about who was going to have the last ticket , I let him have that ne and was glad I did as he ended up on 51 whilst I opened 41 which is in the first corner of the lake, unfortunately it was probably the coldest peg on the lake with the freezing wind blowing into me, and it turned not the coldest day I have had to endure so far this winter, I was next to. The gimp on 42 and opposite on the Majorca was bob(super G) gullet on 70 and rod the re-invented silver ace rod wootten on 68. I set a caster rig to use at 6 mtrs and out by the aerator with an 18 6313 on .12 , a meat rig rig for the right hand margin and a depth pellet rig for 14 mtrs just off the spit sticking out from the end bank.
After feeding all lines  I went out onto the caster rig at 6 mtrs, and never had a bite for a while ,which us unusual in this swim as small roach can be a proper pain normally, by now the midsomer norton superstar was getting odd small carp and bits on soft pellet against the far bank, but his fish were on the small side which is normal in that swim, it seems to be a nursery swim. Rod had begun n meat and was catching small skimmers on it, and the gimp was biteless, I started catching small roach after about 15 mins then I had a 4lb carp, then back to the roach again, at the end of the first hour I had another carp off this line in the shape of an 8lb common, and that really signalled the end for bites off that line, so I went out and tried the hard pellet line at 14 mtrs, first put in I had a 6oz roach but that was it, I never had another bite on that line till about 15 mins from the end and that was from a 4 pounder (carp not roach). The swim never got going , I. Did get another carp on caster out by the aerator, and 5 on meat down the edge, losing one down there aswell, the other end and the other bank, seemed to be the place to draw as I could here splashing and see Kendra Rayner up on 55 netting regularly, whereas the anglers on my bank up to the left were left struggling, it seemed the swims without the wind chilling the surface were the place to be , with mark poppleton up on 58 coming out on top with 69.15, mainly caught on soft pellet over micros, I think the peg may have been solid as he left his bait dangling in the edge whilst he was doing something, when he picked up his topkit to ship out there was a carp hanging on the end !!!!!!!
2nd ken(Kendra) Rayner opposite the winner on 55 had 65.15, catching the same way as the winner, but he never managed to snare a freeby on his topkit
3rd rod wootten on 68 with 55.13 and he had top silvers weight with 13.11 of f1,s and small skimmers on his favoured banded hard pellet
4th steve tucker on 62 with 55lb
5th Adrian Clark on 66 with 51.14
6th me with 44.01
The lake fished better than expected with the cold bright weather , but the fish certainly seemed to favour the more sheltered swims, the average weight was over 40lb even with bob gullick trying to reduce the average with a paltry 20lb, no doubt the super G will be back after his face book sympathisers get on the case LOL, (it's only banter)















No comments:

Post a Comment