Total Pageviews

Tuesday 6 January 2015

Tuesday costcutter acorn fishery

Well it was a costcutter for me then , even though I don't really like them, as I have to work Wednesdays now they seem to be my best option, these acorn affairs are well run by mike chapman and ray bazeley , well they don't seem to get to many problems.
No brekkie at the fishery today as the chef is off sick, get well soon bev.
So into the draw tin and I was being a bridge troll today as I pulled 34 , for company I had the ever laughing Barry fitchew on 33 and the next angler to my left was andy gard on 37.
I set up a couple of rigs to fish along the bridge in various places, but the normally reliable shoal of fish which inhabit this bridge seemed to have gone as I never had so much as a dip on the float so I won't mention them again.
A rig for 7 mtrs which was just over halfway to the island and another to use to my left at the bottom
Of the slope, maggot was my main bait today , so at the start I cupped in some caster at 7 mtrs and to my left, some maggot and micro along the bridge (wasted),
I started at 7 mtrs with single maggot and it took 10 mins to get a bite, that was from a skimmer, and by the end of the first hour I had 2 f1,s one carp and another skimmer, and that was my last bite for a couple more hours, no one seemed to be getting much and even the silver ace mr fitchew on33 never had a fish till about 15 mins from the end, I did get a couple more skimmers down to my left and missed a couple of sail aways aswell down there, and I can only put them down to liners as all I hit was fresh air, in the last hour I shallowed up a bit and went up the ledge towards the far side, and I. Had 1 more f1 and two carp , one of which I was playing on the whistle , which turned out to be the biggest one of about 6lb, at the end I thought I had 7lb of silvers and I thought my three carp would go 10lb and I wasn't to far out as my silvers went 7.6 and the carp went 11.10 for a 19lb total and first on the day
2nd went to venue expert and match organiser mike chapman on 6 with 17.11
3rd andy gard on 37 with 17lb
4th lee Waller on 11 with 16.14
5th j Gunter on 40 with 11.4
6th mike Owens on 27 with 9.6
Silvers by default went to dave wride on peg three with 5.8





No comments:

Post a Comment