Total Pageviews

Thursday 26 March 2015

Over 55,s and disabled, huntstrete bridge pool

A good turnout again for these popular Thursday matches run by mike jones , 32 in attendance !!! And only a tenner pools, payout is a bit different with the top 4 in both overall and silvers all picking up 25 pounds, into the draw bag and out comes 19, it's a peg with a lot of silvers form with it
winning three of the silvers league matches so far in the series, after a nice little pleasure session on Tuesday catching a skimmer a chuck n banded 6 mm pellet ,I was going to pin most of faith on that today. (Wrong) I set two rigs for 11 mtrs , that was as far as I was going today as the wind was very strong, both 4x18 one for banded pellet and the other for soft pellet or maggot , one for the left into a small bay and another for my right hand margin for corn.
At the start I cupped in some micros and 4,s at 11 mtr in two spots , left and right , some corn and micros in the bay to my left and into the right hand margin, I started n the hard pellet rig , but after 15 mins and not a nudge , I switched to the soft pellet rig, again not a bite in front at 11 mtrs, a switch to the left at 11 mtrs bought a brief flurry of small skimmers, 6 to be precise and that was the end of any action out in front , not the way I had envisaged my day to go, a quick look in the left hand bay produced a sensible skimmer on corn then nothing else , down. The. Right was nothing either ,
The only person I could see getting odd fish was rich Coles on 16(again), who was catching skimmers on soft pellet, John smith on 17 was also finding it hard as was bill ferris on 18, he was getting some plippy roach but it wasn't hectic, I was behind an island so I couldn't really see the rest of the lake so had no idea as to who was catching, I had an inkling ray(radio Leicester ) may have caught as we could hear him shouting. I had a couple more skimmers to my left in the shallower water, but then I couldn't raise a bite there. It wasn't till the last 90 mins that I began to get some action down the right hand margin, and I ended with a bit of a flourish ending up with 3 carp 2 tench and 3 pound plus skimmers all falling to double corn(the meat was still in the fridge ). I new rich Coles had beaten me as he had 4 carp late in his left hand margin to go with his early skimmers , but after that I never had a clue, as it turned out rich Coles won with 47.04 on peg 16,
2nd bob Tilley on 11 with 40lb
3rd ray bazeley on27 with 39.6. 4 carp on the method
4 me with 38.14
5th mike jones with 29.5 of silvers off peg 24
6th terry bruton on 10 with25.8





No comments:

Post a Comment