Total Pageviews

Friday 10 July 2015

Thursday Avalon costcutter

Better turn out today with 18 fishing , so vic let us use the left hand bank and a bit of the right hand bank at the carpark end , with not to much wind forecast I didn't mind where I drew , so I let rob dowden pull my peg, 46 , not a peg of choice for sure, it's the first island peg on the right hand bank, only a couple of things to set up today as I had intended to give the paste a go as it's been working well on this venue lately , and of course the pellet wag as that's the banker method on here, so here we go with a short blog, for some reason known only to the fish the carp didn't want to be at this end of the lake , I did manage 4 carp on the paste during the match and one on the wag , feeding out towards the island with 8mm pellet the fish have shown themselves and it was possible to get plenty of bites, but not today, no swirls and next to no slurping on the island, Martin heard over on peg 1 has been catching loads of fish lately here and at stafford moor on the wag but he couldn't get a bite, I think it took him over three hours to land his first carp, I kept switching between the wag and pole but  to no avail, I had fizzing on the pole line but wasn't getting any sensible bites, 30 mins from the end I set up a pellet rig to fish over the pole line and had a carp a good skimmer and lost another carp so in hindsight I think if I had fished my normal match I may have done better , but I was determined to give the sludge a proper go, wish I hadn't now!!!!!!.
1st went to rob dowden on 22 with 129.15 on his favoured popped up bread fished tight to the island
2nd Adrian jeffery on 13 fished the pellet feeder with 98lb
3rd fabio Harding  on 7 with 66.8 , primarily on the tip
4th Gary flinders on 23 with 64.15
5th mike west on 40 with 63.13
6th Leon Hubbard on 19 with 59.13
Silvers went to steve kedge on 11 with 21.8 of whitebait
Oh yes and my 6 carp went 44lb and two silvers were 1lb 15oz for a 45.15 total




No comments:

Post a Comment