Total Pageviews

Wednesday 15 July 2015

Tuesday costcutter , ivy house lakes

A bit of a practice for the weekends float only league plus I could sort the pegging for the weekend , especially as andy had turned the main lake into two lakes with 20 on the first one I front of the cafe and 24 on the far one,
Before I say how it went there are some rules need clarifying, bait limits are 8pints of pellets max, plus you can have 8 pints of maggots and caster combined or solely, 2 kilos of groundbait, no limits on worms, 8 tins of corn,, but NO meat of any description, net limits are 70lb , between 70 and 80 you get 70, over 80 and you get nothing.no fishing further than halfway across the lake and you are only allowed to go to the next empty pallet and not beyond, those with an end bank will see a wooden marker post which denotes the limits of the peg. No float rigs to be fished shallower than 12 inches , wag or pole ,also after the match please don't throw any spare bait into the lake please put it the bins provided.
The cafe will be open from 7.30 being run by the more than capable karen, ably assisted by her trusty manservant Manuel Lloyd.
Time for the draw and I was early into the tin and out comes peg 6 which is old peg 14 from years ago, a nice draw and with an empty peg each side as did most people on this lake, for company I had Vince shipp on 8 and the ample figure of Pete neate on 4.
I intended to keep it simple today so it was a pellet rig for hard pellet at 14 mtrs and a shallow rig for the same line, a paste rig for the margin to my left about a mtr off a bush in 2 foot of water , in by the bush it was less than a foot deep. So I decided not to fish there as it would be contravening fishery rules, and a pellet rig to fish up to empty peg 7 , but apart from a 2lb skimmer that was no good whatsoever even though I tried it on several occasions, I started on the deep pellet rig and soon had 2 decent skimmers in the net, then I lost a carp which came adrift as I got to my topkit, fouled possibly but it didn't feel like it. After cupping the initial feed in I started feeding with a catty as there have been fish caught in matches recently shallow, but for now I was getting odd bites on the deck, but no liners so I stuck with the deep rig for about half of the match before going shallow as I had a couple of carp on the drop, so I tried the shallow rig , it wasn't easy but I did manage 4 fish to go with the few I already had on the deck, at the halfway mark I began feeding groundbait to my left but never had any signs till about 90 mins to go, when I saw a faint tail patten so it was in with the paste rig, I lost my first two , definitely fouled but I managed 5 fish on that rig with the biggest being about 15lb the last one being landed after the whistle , and I must admit to being unsure as to whether to put it in my bigger fish net, I forgot that rule , fish under 5lb in a separate net, but most of my fish looked over 5lb , I should have put it in the smaller fish net as it wouldn't be in there for long , I thought I had 90lb ish but leek Payne on 18 looked to have it in the bag , and he did with 137.2 catching on 8mm banded pellet over 6,s mainly to the empty pallet to his right, it is old peg 46 on the causeway bank,
I had more than I thought with 113.3, and as I thought I should have put that last fish in he other net as I had 77lb in the net , that was close , another 3 lb and I would have lost the lot
3rd was Manuel Lloyd with 98.8 off peg 42 which was about old peg 35
4th Chris fox with 71;11 peg 21 , old peg 6
5th baggy with 66.2
6th oggie with 59.14
Silvers
Craig Edmunds with 47.15 of skimmers on chopped worm and caster fed with a bit of groundbait off peg 31,
2nd in silvers was baggy on peg 16 with 44.2 of paste caught skimmers













No comments:

Post a Comment