Total Pageviews

Friday 3 July 2015

Thursday costcutter viaduct fishery

Still popular as there were 40 booked in today so we were split between Cary and cambell, to win a draw on cambell was probably needed as Cary is still in the doldrums with the carp not to keen to feed properly and the big bream are all but gone ,or seemingly.
Into the draw tin , out comes 80 on Cary , which is next to the spit on the carpark side, as far as Cary goes it's a peg I really like as you have the option of open water and a long margin along the spit. So I set up the deep wag to fish at the end of the spit , a pellet rig for against the spit and a meat rig for 6 mtrs in the deeper part of the swim (20 inches). Last time I was on the peg earlier in the year I had over 200lb mainly on the wag fished on the deck with an 11 mm pellet feeding 8,s , so that was going to be my main line of attack for today, on that day the margin and the meat lines were pretty much unproductive but I would still feed them in the vain hope that today would be different , at the start I fed the two pole lines but began on the wag, to say it didn't go to plan wasa bit of an understatement , after the first 80 mins I was blanking, I had been briefly attached to a couple of foulers, then it had a bit of a burst and landed two carp in the next 15 mins, but with little of no fizzing it went quiet again,
The spit margin swim was no use whatsoever with just one hybrid off it even though I did try it several times, so most of the match was spent on the wag, I did get a bit of fizz on the meat line about an hour from the end, and hooked two in quick succession losing the first as it was fouled and broke me but landed the second,  it was hard together bites as the carp as I said earlier don't want to feed properly, so it was a case of waiting for a bite, so by the end I had managed 9 carp on the wag and the one pole caught on, oh and I had the hybrid and a skimmer aswell, for a total weight of 102lb , for third on the lake being beaten by the angler on 74 with 111lb and 106lb on77, so no chance of a slim brown envelope today as the payout was first overall and first in silvers on each lake then the next three, but cambell as a expected took all those minor berths,
First on the day went to Roy"the bomb" worth on 111 with a good weight of 305lb
2nd was mark wynne on 118 with 180lb
Then I think it was 150 .
I did have the result sheet but I put it somewhere safe and now I can't find it, mike nicholls will no doubt have a pic of it on his blog,
This Sunday it's round three of the float only league at landsend this week, and next Thursday mike jones and myself will definitely be running one at Avalon so ring or text me to book in on 07974807941







No comments:

Post a Comment