Total Pageviews

Friday 25 November 2016

A short lrf session

Been down to Cornwall this week with Judith, and she expressed an interest in trying some lrf, which basically is fishing with really light rods with imitations , namely soft plastics mounted on a jig head, trying to target all sorts of small to moderate size fish, in and around rocks, entities and piers, usually with the emphasis on variety as far as competition goes. Unfortunately the weather was against us from the off with cold easterlies making virtually all the rock and pier venues unfishable, we finally found a bit of shelter in the outer harbour wall at mevagissey, but fishing back into the harbour was still the only option. We bought a pasty (well it is Cornwall) to share, and wandered up to the steps towards the end, I sorted Judith,s rod out while she was munching her half, after she had picked a pukey green rubber worm to go on the jig head, by the time she had finished her half of pasty, her rod was ready to go, I handed it to her and started to have a munch, I was on my second bite and looked up to see her rod hooped over and an angry fish dragging a bit of braid off the reel, she soon had an angry wrasse on the surface of about 1 1/4, it certainly put a bit of a bend in the light hto rod, to say she was pleased was an understatement, and I hadn't even got my rod together yet !!!!!.
I dropped it back , and was quite hopeful of getting a few, but it wasn't to be, we stuck for over an hour but we never had another touch, gutted, I walked back off the pier a broken man!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment