Total Pageviews

Sunday 12 February 2017

Viaduct teams of 5,s

After a 3.5 star breakfast at cannards, it was off to the fishery, Ron hardiman drew for us today and I did tell him I wanted peg 8 on spring as it was my turn for that lake today, but that honour went to bung hole billy, des shipp, so we were fishing for second on the lake today as peg 8 was sheltered from the wind and there are always resident fish down the margin.
I was on peg 4 with me old mate Nick Collins on peg 5, so good company.
The wind was coming in and left to right and as it was from the north east it was cutting us in half.  I set up a waggler to fish corn at about 20 mtrs , a pole rig for various baits over groundbait at 13 mtrs, and the obligatory lead rod for this peg as its got an island Chuck, but recently the carp have been a bit noticeable by there absence.
At the start after feeding the pole line and firing a bit of corn out to the wag line , it was out on the bread on the lead, a couple of liners in the first two chucks gave me a bit of hope , but that was the end of the tip movement.

A look on the pole line revealed small roach and skimmers, so I gave it about 45 mins for about 1 1/2 lb , a quick look on the wag revealed a nasty trip going with the wind, so that was chucked up the bank never to be used again, so back out on the lead but with corn on the hair, well bigger me if it didn't go round and an 8lb carp was in the net, then Nick had one just after of about the same size, also on corn. Virtually next Chuck I had strange twitchy bite which resulted in a hybrid of about a pound, which was blind in one eye.
I would like to say I went on to catch several more carp but it wasn't to be , I had to wait till about 45  mins from the end to get another bite and that was from a pig ugly 10lb common, it had a face like it had been chasing parked cars.
Unfortunately Nick went on the catch three more carp, and des a expected.in his sheltered corner ended with 7, Nick ewers over on 16 had 6 aswell, but with des having a near 20lb fish he looked to be in the driving seat to win the lake, and he did with over 70lb, which I think was good enough for 4 th on the day, but he decided not to the overall pool as he thought the pegs on spring offered no chance of a overall placing, he did do the silver's pool but but peg 8 offers no chance of a silver's pickup. The two nicks, ewers and Collins came second on the lake both with 52.2, and to my right James Allen on 3 had two carp also but his went 23lb plus his 4lb of silver's meant I was beaten both sides, this winter seems to be the worst aquatic bingo I can remember at this venue, the weigh sheets below will give an idea of how hard it was today on many of the lakes.





No comments:

Post a Comment