Total Pageviews

Sunday 20 August 2017

Short pole series, penultimate round

After the 4.5 breakfast at the copper kettle cafe in w s m it was off to Chilton trinity woodlands lake for this round, enjoyed the normal warm welcome from Tom and misha, nicer fishery owners you would be hardpressed to find,
It turned out I had three missing today, one was a reserve who wasn't allowed out at the last minute, another told me after the last match he couldn't make this one, but the chances of me remembering by the time I drove out of the Carpark was very slim, and the other I didn't know wasn't coming as he txted me in the week and assured me he would be there, but things happen beyond control sometimes, so I will wait to hear on that one , so I had readjust the money for the Dailey pay out aswell as the end of league payouts,
I tried to get Lilly (Tom and misha,s daughter ) to draw for me, but she went all shy on me , so mum had to do it, peg 11 for me then today, no complaints as peg 12 is always left out as its a bit close, also two of the pegs not drawn were 13 and 14, Adrian Jeffery was next to my left on 15,so plenty of room to draw from, needless to say I had a bit of stick, but I'm not fat , I got thick skin.
And it was that quiet along the bank I even had rabbits out on the bank feeding.
To my right was the oldest swinger in Bridgewater , Mike west on 10,
Rigs today were a deep and shallow pellet rig for 5 mtrs , the deep one would no for the topkit meat rig, a shallow one for the same length, and a margin pellet rig and another for the front leg of the empty peg (12).
I fed all lines and went out on the shallow rig as its common here to get some mug fish early, I did hook two in the first 20 mins, but they both came off, the first one was definitely fouled but the second was in the right place, by the end of the first hour I had caught one on the deck, Mike had 4 in the net by now, all on paste. Also Glen Bailey opposite had had a few on the same, but no one was getting it alight, although bela bakos on peg 2 seemed to have the most.
 After that it went quiet, but I kept plugging away on the deep rig, catching odd fish, by the halfway mark I had about the same as several others, including Joe McMahon on 33 who I was having a three quid side bet with as he was confident of getting his last three back off me in one go, and it was touch and go until I went down the edge and to the empty pallet , the last ninty minutes were my best, where I went from an also ran to possibly winning, I thought I had about 120lb , but I overclicked a bit as I ended with 110lb, but it was still enough for first spot, with bela running me closest with just over the ton, so a double win weekend, very nice to, I think all the room definitely helped, but I do my best to ensure the pegs are full, but today was one of those days when it went a bit pear shaped.
1st me with 110.4

2nd bela bakos on 2 with 101.4
3rd glen(3pots) Bailey on 27 with 88.3
4th John white on 28 with 74.2
5th Jason Radford on peg 32 with 70.13
And 6th place went to Joe McMahon next to Jason with 70.7, lol done by 6oz off the next peg, and he had to hand over 3 quid to me,

Silver's went again to Dave Lewis on peg 25 with 24.10 of mainly skimmers on worm, well done to him,


2nd in silver's went to Mike Nicholls on peg 3 with over 300 small things for 18.11, even Mike had trouble identifying some of his catch as he had to ask so we could tell him what it was.
Last float only league next week at viaduct, then on the bank holiday Monday I am running the Gary wall memorial match at Landsend fishery, to ring txt or msg me.to book in, it will be a 9am draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment