Total Pageviews

Sunday 14 January 2018

Pooh

Well that title just about sums up our teams day , the best part of the day was definitely the breakfasts done by the royal oak in somerton, it was a 4 so that was ok, I just hope a few more support it next week,
Time for the draw at the fishery for this well attended team event with 90 fishing, I told the rest I didn't want to draw, but did they listen, no , so I go in to the tin of destruction and give us the folllwing, Clint wojtyla on 11, pooh. But he did have a hand reloading his trolley from an England international, when it all fell off.
Clayton Hudson on peg 1 pooh, Rob hardiman on 60, possibly ok, me on 88, pooh and team newby Leon Hubbard on 123 , pooh, I couldn't have drawn most of us any further from the carp if I had tried, I got to my peg and kept it simple today, a wag to fish meat for carp, I prefer the wag where possible as I feel it's possible to do more with it and search you peg without covering the bait with debris.
There was no wind today so the wag was always going to be easy to do, I also set up a silver,s rig to fish at 14 mtrs for the skimmers if they fancied a go, but with no ripple I wasn't confident, for company I had Scott puddy on my right on 87 and Phil Hardwick on corner peg 90,
I'm not going to waste any more time than I need to on this blog, Phil to my left caught off carp from the off on the lead cast along the end bank, then Jason Radford opposite started catching a bit later, Scott to my right and a small tench on the tip and a few small skimmers on the pole then he managed to share a 7lb carp on the wag and meat, apart from the fish along the end bank between 90 & 94 the main shoal of fish were further down the lake, with Steve Tucker on 77 and Martin Preston on 78 having a peg to peg battle, both fishing the wag and meat ,
My day consisted of a few bits for 5lb and 3 points, the team finished well last on the day with 13 points from 90, so that wasn't a dream start, oh well there's always next week, my turn on lodge lake section, which is the float only section, looking at the long range forecast , it looks to be getting colder next week from about the middle of the week, so that's going to be fun then. Trev senior was too weight on the day with a massive 215lb from peg 131 on Campbell, meat and straight lead, not feeding anything, Martin Preston was second with 150+ and Steve Tucker 3rd with 140+, and Paul elmes 4th with just over 100lb, and see shipp won the silvers off 118 with 25lb ish, all the weigh sheets below, a day to forget for me and my team, onwards and upwards it is then.





No comments:

Post a Comment