Total Pageviews

Sunday 15 April 2018

Landsend open

Back to a favourite venue of mine today for this match, Landsend fishery on lakes 2 & 3, so got to the fishery in plenty of time for one of di,s lovely breakfasts, 4.8 as normal, only me and Jason today as Judith was laid up with man flu, which is far worse than your everyday lady flu, but also she wanted to watch the f1 grand prix, which is ok as long as the German don't win, luckily he was taken out and only finished 8th.
24 fishing today so 12 on each lake , so plenty of room really, I didn't mind where I drew to be honest, and I wasn't to upset to find myself on peg 15, company wise I had ron hardiman on 13 and Roger crago on 16.
Good to see the lakes full up , in fact they are at the highest levels I have seen them for years, also Mike has been doing a bit of bankside clearance which can only be good allowing more wind and oxygen into the water.
Several rigs for today, a margin for the right, another for the left which looked very sexy, but I felt it was a bit deep as I couldn't get in right enough, but it did look good.
A meat rig for 2+2 in front and a rig for pellet to the island, so all rigs assembled in plenty of time, still a bit untidy but I do try LOL.
Just a word about elastic lube, I can't understand why some people don't use it, I speak to a few people either in the shop and on the bank who swear by lake water, but it doesn't do the same , I like the mosella topkit glide competition lube, it certainly outlasts the other water based  ones  during the day.
At the start I fed the far side and margins with with pellets , then began on the short meat line, as it normally possible to get a couple of mug fish early on, I  decided to give it an hour, whilst still feeding the pellet lines, and by the end of the hour I had two carp and a big skimmer to show for my efforts,
So after an hour it was time to go across with a banded 8mm pellet, and I had a good couple of hours , adding several more carp to the tally, I thought I was going to be on for a really good weight, but the far side faded , which thinking about shouldn't have been a suprise, although the water looked to have a nice colour, but it was deceptively clear, I tried the  margins , the right hand side was a snag pit, so nothing from there, the left hand side produced one carp and two lost, as I thought it was a bit to deep for my liking, so I spent the rest of the match swapping between the island and the meat line picking off odd fish, with the biggest hooked just before the all out , and at about 13lb a welcome late fish.
It was difficult to see how the lake had fished as being left  handed I had my back to the majority of the lake, I could hear plenty of splashing , though, so I thought I had been beaten by a few, but as it turned out of was only russ peck on peg 5 who had beaten me on this lake and with him having 120lb plus he was the winner on the day then it was Martin rayet who was second on 41 then it was me with 104, not to bad really as I admitted to 80lb ish . I seem to be able to estimate other people's weights better than my own.
Anyone interested I will be running another one here on Sunday 29th april, book in with me or give Mike a ring to book in, 9.30 draw, fish 11 to 5.
Today's weigh sheets below.




No comments:

Post a Comment