Total Pageviews

Thursday 26 April 2018

Over 55,s huntstrete lakes

Normal nice breakfast at the Toby inn in whitchurch, always tasty and plenty of it , but not always as hot as it could be.
So got to the lake in plenty of time, we were in withy pool today, and with 21 fishing we would have a bit of room, got into the draw early as I was doing some recording of draws, out comes 61, I can't seem to get away from this right hand bank, but it's been kind to me in previous matches, so I thought today would be no different, with silvers playing a big part in the plan.
Rigs today, only three, a .6g for various baits over groundbait at, 13mtrs, a.4g for caster at 5mtrs and a margin rig for meat ,
For company I had Pete greenslade to my left and hughie Evans to my right.
On the all in I fed three balls of groundbait at 13 mtrs with some worm and caster in, then started on the short caster line, which in the last couple of matches had been quite productive, but not today, I had a few fish off it at various times during the match, but not the quality roach I have had in the previous  matches, I went out on the 13  mtr line and had a few skimmers up to a pound, but the bright sunshine wasn't helping, also the first strong wind was making presentation hard.
The first half was ok, but the second half went really hard for everyone, with no one getting a bite very strange, apart from Chris Rolf on the point peg who was getting caught by the occasional carp on meat fished into the middle of the lake, also g Walsh behind the island began to catch on the pellet waggler, I needed to get a few more skimmers of possible, as hughie had three big ones plus some small fish, also Jimmy norris on 59 had a big bream to go with his bits,
I decided to put some chopped worm and caster in at 14mtrs, and that seemed to do the job as I had a couple more skimmers plus a big one (3lb), which I thought would put me in the driving seat as far as the silvers went.
I also had a ten pound carp on the same line, I also had a visit in the left hand margin by a couple of carp, but they never stayed long, disappearing before I could drop a rig into them, Mr Walsh won from behind the island with 64lb , pushing m mr Rolf into second spot with 62lb.
My silvers went 19.2 , with hughie second with 14.8, so I did need those late fish.
It's not often you get three legends from the southwest match scene from a few years ago doing the weigh in, they were part of the very successful bathampton squad from the eighties, from left to right , hughie Evans, rich coles, and Jimmy norris.
Weigh sheets below as normal, it shows how difficult this lake is at the moment, whereas bridge pool is really fishing well, the influx of f1,s certainly seems to have helped, perhaps a bit of the same for withy may be good.



No comments:

Post a Comment