Total Pageviews

Thursday 19 April 2018

Shiplate Thursday costcutter

Went with Jason Radford today to this popular fishery, the breakfast wagon was open today and very nice to especially as they have invested in a toaster ,(4.69)
Quality products and very hot.
Got into the draw tin about halfway through and pulled out peg 10 again, twice on the trot now, and not where ideally wanted to be, I fancied an open water peg as I felt the carp would be mooching about in the sunshine,
I got to my peg and the options were pretty much the same as last time, meat down each side margin , a caster rig for 4 mtrs , a rig for worm or maggot over groundbait at 13mtrs, and lastly a pellet rig to fish banded 8mm pellet over hard 6,s.
On the all in I fed three balls of worm and caster laces groundbait at 13mtrs, some casters at 4 mtrs, a bit of meat down each side and began firing some 6,s to the island,
Starting On the short caster line I expected a bite form a small fish quite quickly, but it was nearly 15 minutes for my first bite, but it was a bear two pound skimmer, and a few more smaller samples followed, just as I was thinking I was in for a good silvers day, the bites stopped, so I went out over the groundbait line , only to find small roach had settled over it, I did get a few handsize skimmers but it was hard, probably due to the lack of wind and ripple and bright sunshine , but I'm it moaning as it's been a long cold wet winter.
I came back on the short line and had a few more skimmers before the bites stopped again,
I had a quick look against the island, but never had a sign, and it's hard work holding 18 mtrs when nothing is happening, tried the margins but again nothing there. So most of the time for now was spent on the 13 mtr line, catching roach , perch and odd skimmers, then about two hours from the end , the island line sprang into life, for 90 minutes it was enjoyable and I began to think I may sneak into the frame, but as quick as they came they then disappeared , but during that spell I landed 9 but had a problem with foulers, which I think contributed to them backing off.
Still using the mosella micro mesh rubber landing net, a good strong net ideal when using hair rigs As the banded pellets don't get pinged off like they do with the bigger meshed nets
As far as I could see gary (ned)flinders looked to have won as he thought he had 160lb, but the word was that titch on peg 1 had 28 carp which should be more.
But Gary didn't need to worry as he had 164lb and titch only had 140lb, mainly due to the fact he had put 82 lb in one  net, oops, so that net was disqualified, never mind, he took it well, no choice really, it's not like I've never done it, LOL.
My fish went 76 lb for no good today, my silvers went 16.12 and my carp a shade under 60.
Silver,s went to inform Mike laird on  peg 15 with 43lb. All in all it fished well, the yellow ball in the sky certainly seems to be waking them up, I hope it continues.
Weigh sheets below.

No comments:

Post a Comment