Total Pageviews

Sunday 10 June 2018

Float only league rnd 2

Landsend fishery for this one, with 2 sections on speci, and three sections on match and johns, as normal the breakfast was good, 4.9.
Had a bit of time for a chat in the car park before draw time, interesting to see Chris Davis perhaps looking at a bit of a sport change, but I can't see it really, with his temper tantrums everything will be bent around a tree in no time.
Also Mike nicholls was well buttoned up against the sunshine , either that or he still had his night shirt on.
Got the draw underway and waited for trig Edmunds to get to the front and got him to draw for me as we drew each other in the k/o, he hands me peg one, ok, then he opens up 32 for himself, a nice corner peg on speci, said he didn't fancy it, but he normally does lol.
Like peg one normally so quite fancied it for a few, I spent a bit of time cleaning the end bank at 16 mtrs , , so I set up a rig for that to fish pellet , the same rig would cover the front of the island, a pellet rig for the shallow water in front of peg two against the island, a meat rig for 5 mtrs and another for pellet down to my right against the bank at a topkit range,
Well I've had a bit of a hard time of it today, started short on meat to try and get a couple of sucker fish, which I did, unfortunately it was two roach and a perch, I did lose a decent carp, but it was one of those  lazy wallowers  which fell off when I reached for the landing net, apart from a lost fouler later in the match that was the extent of the meat fishing for me, most of the match was spent swapping between the island and end bank shallow water, plenty of fish showing but extremely cagey, or I've done it wrong, or not enough there to make them compete, who knows , Shaun Townsend up on peg 6 was doing well fishing into the shallow water, in fact he was flying , and towards the end his peg was getting stronger, I  think niel  Mercer over on 18 gifted it to him a bit LOL.
Any way I ended up with 65lb for third in section, so a bit of a disaster , second in section would have been ok but Martin rayet on 7 beat me  by a pound and a half, hey ho, Shaun with just a couple of fish from his 187lb net, well done matey.
As we are getting used to recently , there was only going to be one winner today, and it was that man trig again, with 249lb , I think we should try and convince him to have Chris davis,s golf clubs and give us all a break LOL, well done trig, as always .
Result sheet below, in the whole it fished reasonable, it appears a lot of venues are struggling at present , possibly down to oxygen levels, also the lakes need a bit of a trim, as a lot of anglers found it hard to get the best out of the swims, but I'm sure Mike has plans to do it, and I know he had someone already doing the bankside, but he will be doing the islands, also I am running an open here on Sunday 24th so message or ring me to book in, 9.30 draw, match lake to begin with but I have the option for another lake of needed,

No comments:

Post a Comment