Total Pageviews

Sunday 3 June 2018

Viaduct spring league 4

Had a nice breakfast at the Toby inn in whitchurch with Chris and Caroline fox and Judith aswell, into the van and off to viaduct with Chris and Judith, little did I know this was to be the best bite of the day, got to the fishery with about ten minutes to spare, just right.
Drew about halfway and was a bit disappointed to see 57 staring up at me from the ticket, it's the disabled peg in the right hand corner of lodge lake, God only knows I wouldn't have chosen that one, but at least we would be in the shade all day, not really what Judith wanted and expected LOL.
Only three rigs today, a deep pellet rig for 16 mtrs on a couple of lines a meat rig for 5mtrs, and a pellet rig for up towards peg 58, which is never in, I had Lee petissio on 59 and trainee nursery school teacher on 56, Martin preston.
My days aren't getting any better at the moment, I had a carp of about 5lb 20 minutes in at 16 mtrs on the deck, I couldn't get another bite from anywhere after that, and the white fluff from the willow trees wasn't helping the cause, it was nearly impossible get a rig through it at times, not that there was much point as this part of the lake seemed a bit devoid of life.
The air was thick with it and Judith was having a hard time keeping it out of her coffee.

It took 4 1\2 hours to catch my next carp, and that was from the empty pellet of 58, I had another towards the end and lost two, I think I would have had several fish if I could get a rig to go through the fluff, I ended up with three fish for 16lb, another inform angler in the shape of aiden  borduik on 62 won the section with 94lb of mugged fish, second in the section was gary o,Shea on 53 and I was third, it was definitely the section of death today. 
The match was won by Sam Powell on 85 with 325lb, half mugged and half down the edge , well done to him.
And second on the day was they man edmunds, who can do no wrong at the moment, and after drawing 116 , he was always going to do ok, so just over 300lb later, and a section win he is looking good for the series win, but aiden also has max points but he is a long way behind on weight.
Onwards and upwards for me then.

No comments:

Post a Comment