Total Pageviews

Thursday 31 May 2018

Thursday costcutter at Shiplate farm

Oh well, another torrid day. Can't say to much about this match to be honest as very little happened. Breakfast at the fishery, then into the draw, peg 4 comes out, several other pegs I would have preferred, but it's not to be, although it has a bit of carp form, as have most pegs on there day, I decided on a silver,s day, so a caster rig for short to the bush to my right, and a positive rig for 11 mtrs with worm or maggot over groundbait with worm and caster in, also a deep and shallow pellet rig for 16mtrs, and a wag  for 25 mtrs again deep and shallow, also a meat rig for the left hand margin.
Well as it transpired, I probably did my silvers fishing no good at all, I cupped in a couple of balls of groundbait at 11mtrs with worm and caster in, a small ball down by the bush, and cupped some pellets out at 16 mtrs, fired some out into the wag line, and fed some meat down the edge.
Started down by the bush on caster, bite first drop from a small roach, and that was it , hmmm, tried the work line, had a couple of small fish and that was it there aswell, out to 16 mtrs on pellet, nothing there for now, by now Mark wynne over on 14 had landed 3 carp shallow, but no one else was doing any thing, not much more to say about today if  I am honest, I lost a few foulhooked carp on the pole and wag , I did have a small carp  down by the bush, and a tench, but it was a strange day as it was nearly impossible to get a  bite caster or maggot, very strsnge, and the only people to catch silvers of any more were the Wickham family, and they only fed meat worm and caster, definitely no groundbait, I did get one carp from the long pole line, and a few better skimmers. But t was no good today, the weigh sheet is below, Mark wynne won with 67lb off peg 14, and one fish behind was gary(ned)flinders on 15 with 62lb.
Out fishing a sea match tomorrow night, it's the league run by Steve ace up at Littleton, makes for a change, and I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment