Total Pageviews

Friday 4 May 2018

Shiplate Thursday costcutter

Back to this nice well looked after fishery today , breakfast was being cooked again by Mark Jones in his mobile kitchen, and very nice aswell, 4.8, only down side was the fact that due to the current swing away from non disposable plastics , which is highly commendable by the uk, the rest of the world world needs to be on board, but as they say in asda, every little helps, so we had wooden knives and forks, but as I said the food was excellent.
Into the draw bucket and 13a comes out, not the desired 15 but with mike(drawbag) laird in attendance, no one was ever going to get it apart from him, for the second match on the trot. But 13a should be ok, and it's as close as I've ever got to the flyer, 11 is as close as I have ever got to it before.
Although it was nice and warm on our bank with the wind coming from behind, those opposite were sat with there coats on, so that combined with the day s before deluge of cold rain, I thought it may be a bit harder than we all hoped.
Set up loads today, a wag to fish at depth with pellet at about 30 mtrs, a margin meat rig, a 5mtr meat rig, a silvers rig for worm or maggot over groundbait with worm and caster in, and lastly a couple of pellet rigs for up and down at 14mtrs. The picture below shows a nice sunny scene, but for those day  in the wind it was a different story, I did hear Mike Jones on peg 4 phoning matron towards the end asking her to ready the hot water bottles.
As I feared the match was very hard for most, I started on the way for the first hour after feeding all lines with the relevant baits, after an hour with one liner I was back on the pole line, it still took me another 15 minutes to put my first fish in the net, which was a pound skimmer, and I had a few more more before it went quiet , so I refed and went out on the long pole pellet line, I thought I would have a carp or two from this line, but never had a bite on the deck , so went out with a shallow rig, and after about 10 minutes of swinging I had a carp of about 8lb, but that was my only bite on the pellet line, even towards the end and with some fizzing going on, I still couldn't get an indication out there, also the margin meat line never have me a bite, and it was the same with the 5mtr meat line, so most of the match was spent on the silvers line and the wag, only very odd bites from silvers, but when I did get one of was of a decent size, treble red maggot seemed the best bait, and I had three more carp on the wag, Mike laird on 15 caught a few as expected ending up with 76lb, but Lee waller on 14b ran him close with a late run on the paste for 72lb, but titch Williams won from peg 2 with 92lb, and Dave wride did what he does best winning the silvers from peg 10 with over 28lb, me , well my  four carp went 27lb and my silvers weighed 15lb which was enough for second in the silvers by default, I'll have it any way it comes LOL, weigh sheet below.

No comments:

Post a Comment